Suzuki Samurai/ 4x4 Hubs? Front wheel Bearing Question

Old January 24th 04, 02:22 AM
xyzzy

Default Suzuki Samurai/ 4x4 Hubs? Front wheel Bearing Question

Ok years ago, I replaced wheel bearings and found it to be a fairly easy
project
on a totally different car. Now Trying it with my Suzuki, I am hesitant to
proceed without instructions or a better understanding of the proceedure. My
question follows

After removing the wheel, there are several bolts in reducing sleeves
holding the 4x4 locking hubs. I removed these bolts but the hub assembly did
not separate. Do i pry them off expecting this to be normal? or is there
another proceedure required before this part will come off? ( will this
simple removal leave me with a hand full of springs and parts that I will
never get back together again?)

I am hoping that the answer is the first one, please let me know your
opinions/experiences with the rest of the job as well please.

--
My toys!
Where are my toys?

Old January 24th 04, 04:48 AM
Roger Brown

xyzzy wrote:

> Ok years ago, I replaced wheel bearings and found it to be a fairly easy
> project
> on a totally different car. Now Trying it with my Suzuki, I am hesitant to
> proceed without instructions or a better understanding of the proceedure. My
> question follows
>
> After removing the wheel, there are several bolts in reducing sleeves
> holding the 4x4 locking hubs. I removed these bolts but the hub assembly did
> not separate. Do i pry them off expecting this to be normal? or is there
> another proceedure required before this part will come off? ( will this
> simple removal leave me with a hand full of springs and parts that I will
> never get back together again?)
>
> I am hoping that the answer is the first one, please let me know your
> opinions/experiences with the rest of the job as well please.

You have likely encountered "cone washers", I have some tips on removing them on my front axle rebbuild page:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...eWasherRemoval

--
Roger
Old January 24th 04, 04:48 AM