Yeah, but...

Old August 8th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Yeah, but...

...... what about a Miata?

Read the description first.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old August 8th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Ouch! These are the polar opposites of barriers designed to save drivers
lives, eh? You hit these (head-on) I guess they figure, you deserve to die!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 8th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> "XS11E" > wrote in message
>> ..... what about a Miata?
>>

>> Read the description first.
>>
>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79745880686794

> Ouch! These are the polar opposites of barriers designed to save
> drivers lives, eh? You hit these (head-on) I guess they figure,
> you deserve to die!

Right, they're designed to stop "crash and grab" bandits or others
involved in similar activities. Having the barrier render them dead or
unconscious make it easier for law enforcement and cheaper for the
taxpayers.

However, I really doubt that's the intent, what it *really* does is
force potential crooks to design a different plan as I can't believe
anyone would be foolish enough to try and smash through such a
barrier... but everytime I figure people can't get any more stupid
someone proves me wrong. <sigh>