torqueing head

Old February 12th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default torqueing head

hi,

95 Mazda Miata

even with glasses, deciphering the "instructions" which came with my
head gasket is difficult, so does this sound right?

torque to 22
43
58
back off 90 degrees
re torque 58

run motor to fully open thermostat
let cool 4 hours
open the top of the expansion tank

back off 90 degrees
re torque 58

tia,
peter

Old February 13th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeroen Feelders

For assembling the cylinder head the Mazda Workshop Manual (1990 & 1994)
simply says: Tighten the cylinder head bolts in two or three steps in the
order shown. Tightening torque: 76-81Nm / 56-60 ft-lbf. Your way does the
same, just takes a little more time...

Jeroen Feelders
Technical Commissioner
Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands

"peter" > schreef in bericht

Old February 13th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Jeroen Feelders wrote:
> For assembling the cylinder head the Mazda Workshop Manual (1990 & 1994)
> simply says: Tighten the cylinder head bolts in two or three steps in the
> order shown. Tightening torque: 76-81Nm / 56-60 ft-lbf. Your way does the
> same, just takes a little more time...
>
> Jeroen Feelders
> Technical Commissioner
> Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands

Hi,

It was the backing off 90 degrees that really caught my attention...does
that sound right and reasonable? these are the most difficult
instructions I have seen in quite a while.

thanks,
peter
Old February 16th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeroen Feelders

I haven't seen this kind of instructions either. You could go their way,
just to be sure... It only makes the process more secure.

Jeroen

"peter" > schreef in bericht