Europe Loves The Mustang

Old June 19th 05, 08:15 AM
Kenshlock de la Fehrêtte

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:32:06 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>Anyhow if you wait around long enough the Japanese will rip-off any
>innovation you can come up with anyway, improve it and sell it
>cheaper.

It's what they've done with any junk that the americans have ever come
up with, that's for sure.
Old June 19th 05, 08:40 AM
Joel Jacobs

"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:31:43 -0500, "Joel Jacobs" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Sarah Czepiel" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> Well Chief you tell me how the Chinese have any force projection of
>>> power outside of a land war in Asia. At the height of their power,
>>> the fUSSR didn't want to take on the United States in a strategic
>>> military battle. What makes you think the Chinese can do it with a
>>> fraction of the power?

>>Better do a wee bit more research before you shoot your fingers off on the
>>keyboard.
>>
>>Do an online search, nothing fancy, just check out the ICBM status, nuke
>>warhead status, submarines, surface navy, and airplanes..... there's other
>>stuff, but that'll do.

> I don't have to use google, Chief. China has NO Submarine status at
> all. They have ONE submarine missile boat called the Xia. This
> submarine has never been more than a harbor queen. In it's entire
> existence it has deployed ONCE to test fire a submarine launch
> missile. The rest of it's existence its sat in it's home port at
> Jianggezhuang. They have 18 ICBM's with questionable capability of
> reaching the US considering their long history of design flight
> failures. Their surface navy is a joke. Nothing better than a
> destroyer sized force with cruise missiles. Two years ago they sent
> their first surface ship on it's first around the world cruise.
> ONCE. Our attack submarines could wipe out their entire navy
> probably before they left Chinese territorial waters. They have
> little ASW capabilities to track our subs. Bombers and planes? None
> that can reach the US. The Chinese have no force projection outside
> of their territorial region. And China will never be a Hyperpower
> without a global force projection of power.
>
> To recap:
>
> 1. China has no credible ballistic submarines. The one they have is
> not operational.
> 2. China has 18 ICBM's with questionable capabilities.
> 3. China has a surface Navy with no aircraft carriers other than the
> one they bought from Russia and they've done nothing with it. They
> don't even have planes to go on the carrier. They have destroyers and
> frigates with old technology.
> 4. China has no strategic nuclear bomber force. NONE.
>

> You may be retired from the USN but you're an idiot. What were you a
> Yeoman or a Boatswain's Mate? You don't know anything about nuclear
> deterrent and it sounds like you really should stick to worrying about
> setting your Sea and Anchor detail and leaving the details of global
> strategic defense to the experts.

Well, no, I'm not an idiot, and I do know that China has about 90
submarines, more than 5,000 combat aircraft, an army of more than two
million, and they have also just committed an additional $10 billion toward
a updating the navy. Yes, it'll take a while, but fighting the Chinese is
not a slam dunk. After all the bombs are dropped and all the missiles shot
someone still has to go in and take possession with boots on the ground.

BTW, I was a staffie... CincPac, CincPacFlt, NATO South, ComFairMed, SubLant

Old June 19th 05, 08:41 AM
Joel Jacobs

I'm killfiling the whole mess....

Old June 19th 05, 09:31 AM
the guvnor

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:56:37 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>>>Since the end of the Cold War, the United States has
>>>been the world's only superpower.
>>>
>>>The unique position of the United States (at least in terms of
>>>military force)

>>See America not even being able to win the Vietnam war.
>>

>Nor were the French, but hells bells man it was a war that wasn't
>being fought to win.

The Communists fought to win and beat America.
Old June 19th 05, 09:39 AM
the guvnor

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:55:37 -0400, Sarah Czepiel >
wrote:

>You may be retired from the USN but you're an idiot. What were you a
>Yeoman or a Boatswain's Mate? You don't know anything about nuclear
>deterrent and it sounds like you really should stick to worrying about
>setting your Sea and Anchor detail and leaving the details of global
>strategic defense to the experts.

Ugly Sarah, a stay at home *old* housewife pretending that she knows
more about the navy at than someone who was in it??
Old June 19th 05, 09:40 AM
the guvnor

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:46:36 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:29:45 -0400, G > wrote
>something wonderfully witty:
>
>>If Europe " loves the Mustang " it's because it's cheap.
>>

>Cheap is relative to others in the class. Right now the Europeans
>don't really have anything to compete against it at its price point
>even with tariffs & VAT. Plus it is American muscle admired and
>lusted for since the very first version back in `64.

Admired and lusted over for it's van style suspension?

Ever wondered why that despite being cheap and nasty, American cars
still don't sell?
Old June 19th 05, 09:41 AM
the guvnor

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:41:12 -0400, America the Beautiful
> wrote:

>the guvnor wrote:

>>>Most I know shun all things European.

>> Quality always costs more...

>How would you know?

Because I'm a quality European surrounded by quality things, innit.
Old June 19th 05, 09:42 AM
the guvnor

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:26:52 -0400, America the Beautiful
> wrote:

>the guvnor wrote:

>>>You mean "Running AND all".

>> We Europeans run the world, note how you chubby Americans aspire to
>> all thinks European...

>I never got the memo.

We sent it to your masters in Israel.
Old June 19th 05, 09:44 AM
the guvnor

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:40:03 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>>>Because they have 1 billion people to house?

>>And so many factories making so much...
>>

>Actually that isn't it.

Is so, you've not noticed that all your belonings have "Made in PRC"
on them?
Old June 19th 05, 09:45 AM
the guvnor

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:41:45 -0400, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>>Against the euro, the U.S. currency fell 1.4 percent to $1.2286 at 5
>>p.m. yesterday in New York,
>>
>>http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...00&refer=japan
>>

>Currencies usually bounce all over the place based on all sorts of
>reasons both domestic & foreign.

So why has yours stopped bouncing, and started free falling?