2005 TL vs 2005 Accord

Old June 1st 05, 01:20 PM
Fred

Default 2005 TL vs 2005 Accord

I have driven both and there are subtle differences between
the 2, however I am hard pressed to justify the price
differences. Thoughts?
Old June 1st 05, 04:17 PM
Jason

In article >, Fred
> wrote:

> I have driven both and there are subtle differences between
> the 2, however I am hard pressed to justify the price
> differences. Thoughts?

Due to vast price difference, I would buy the Accord.
I would only buy the TL if it had certain features that I loved that the
Accord did not have.
If you are the type of person that likes to impress other people--get the
TL. I believe that many of the people that have purchased certain vehicles
such as the full sized Hummer and the Porsche Carrera GT (cost: $448,000)
buy those types of vehicles to impress people and for bragging rights. I
realize that other people will disagree with me on this issue.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old June 1st 05, 07:55 PM
SoCalMike

Jason wrote:
> In article >, Fred
> > wrote:
>

>>I have driven both and there are subtle differences between
>>the 2, however I am hard pressed to justify the price
>>differences. Thoughts?

> Due to vast price difference, I would buy the Accord.
> I would only buy the TL if it had certain features that I loved that the
> Accord did not have.
> If you are the type of person that likes to impress other people--get the
> TL. I believe that many of the people that have purchased certain vehicles
> such as the full sized Hummer and the Porsche Carrera GT (cost: $448,000)
> buy those types of vehicles to impress people and for bragging rights. I
> realize that other people will disagree with me on this issue.

heh... saw a BMW 3-series convertible with a license plate frame that says-

admit it
youre jealous

now if that isnt an open invitation for someone to keystripe it, nothing
is. not that id do anything like that, but man- thats such an "i **** on
you" attitude. prolly leased, too
Old June 2nd 05, 05:17 AM
harry

Jason,

Though I agree with you on most of the opinions, I do have some thoughts and
finding.
> Due to vast price difference, I would buy the Accord.

Agreed!! For 10k difference, I am willing to "lose" a little. That's why I
just bought an Accord EX V6 instead of Acura TL on Memorial Day.

> I would only buy the TL if it had certain features that I loved that the
> Accord did not have.

I know at least one thing Accord does not have--the bluetooth. But Accord
has one thing TL does not have, Accord navifation screen can show the trip
computer with more comprehensive info. TL's trip computer is displayed
under the speeometer with simple info provided. Don't take my word for it,
maybe it is because I am comparing my friend's 2004 TL with my 2005 EX
V6...He did some research and told me that he likes this feature on my
Accord.

> If you are the type of person that likes to impress other people--get the
> TL. I believe that many of the people that have purchased certain vehicles
> such as the full sized Hummer and the Porsche Carrera GT (cost: $448,000)
> buy those types of vehicles to impress people and for bragging rights. I
> realize that other people will disagree with me on this issue.

I purchased my first Acura legend partly because of the show off reason but
I did find something that Accord did not offer back in 1989--V6,
heavier/solid body...That was a no brainer choice at those days. Today, the
quality is getting closer. But I still find the TL's interior and exterior
has a more solid feel. The seats and door handles, tires, door, console,
stereo on TL is one notch higher.
TL is not mainly made for show off guys. It is for people who are more
pickier than ordinary people.

If I only own one car, I may still go with TL. But I already have one
Chrysler T&C, one Toyota Sequoia, can not afford another fancy car...
My last Legend stayed with me for 10 years and 150k miles when I sold it was
still solid and quiet. I really missed it, hopefully Accord can satisfy me
as long and as good.

Old June 3rd 05, 07:08 PM
Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the Accord Hybrid..... it's been a sales failure and can be had for
around $27K.

Old June 4th 05, 03:32 AM
Steven L Umbach

Jealous of a BMW 3-series convertible - I don't think so. A Porchse GT-3
definitely. --- Steve

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
rights. I
>> realize that other people will disagree with me on this issue.
>>

> heh... saw a BMW 3-series convertible with a license plate frame that
> says-
>
> admit it
> youre jealous
>

> now if that isnt an open invitation for someone to keystripe it, nothing
> is. not that id do anything like that, but man- thats such an "i **** on
> you" attitude. prolly leased, too

connecting an iPOD to a 2005 Accord stock radio SoCalMike Honda 10 October 14th 04 07:21 PM
2005 Honda Accord stock radio inquiry dansisler Honda 3 October 1st 04 05:52 AM
Accord EX 2004 vs 2005 SmarSquid Honda 8 September 30th 04 01:33 PM
2005 Accord LX price moshew Honda 0 September 28th 04 09:23 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM