Who's here?

Old August 14th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default Who's here?

(BRUCE HASKIN) wrote:

> So, what the hell, we all have great cars to drive no matter who
> had the first club .

Not all of us have great cars to drive but it's supposed to come home
tomorrow. I'm eager to see it's new paint, I hope I'm not
disappointed...

BTW, I think Alley Oop had one of the first clubs.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old August 14th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Iva, that's too bad about the drive. It's 84 deg's here in Seattle and I
just returned from a good top down drive of about 4 hr's. ( It sure is
nice to be retired )

I feel the same way about the clubs. Who cares any how ! We were reg'd
with Miata Club of America as "Puget Sound Chapter of the Miata Club of
America" and we were the first to rag. with them.

I think I will go out for a drive in the sun !!!!!! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old August 15th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"Alan J Claffie" > wrote

> The NC does not appeal to me. I've only gotten as far as sitting in one,
> haven't driven one, but the impression I get from outside is that it's
> quite a bit bigger and, especially up front, not nearly as attractive.
> They might go like stink and corner like nobody's business, but they'll
> have to in order to make up for a body that does not stir the senses.

I like the NC and lust after one. Wednesday I drove my '97 for the first
time in 2 weeks. Walking back to it at the far end of the parking lot at
the end of the day I was hit once again with what fine lines the NA has. It
is a joy to see one on the road, not the feeling I get when I see an NC.

Maybe it is the outstanding Brilliant Black color, not the wussy,
*allegedly* faster, boring white.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red (yeah Chis, I'm still here)
Inside the Beltway

Old August 15th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote
> Hey, you're #3 on my list from IL! I'm originally an Illinois boy by the
> way. That's right, I know how to pronounce it! Peoria / Chillicothe /
> Dunlap

[Working real hard to bottom-post] Hey, I thought Chillicothe was in Ohio.
You mean there is more than one?

Old August 15th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:21:46 GMT, "Ken Lyons" >
wrote:

>Maybe it is the outstanding Brilliant Black color, not the wussy,
>*allegedly* faster, boring white.

Well put. Maybe it's a unique DC attitude...

-- Larry
Old August 15th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Ken Lyons > wrote in message
> Maybe it is the outstanding Brilliant Black color, not the wussy,
> *allegedly* faster, boring white.

Mere "Brilliant Black", or "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"?

miker

Old August 17th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Iva, Somehow I had a feeling that there may be more than one claim to that
'first' title :-) Thanks for stirring the pot!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 17th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Damn, even I wouldn't argue with that much (reported) evidence! Very
impressive.

Chris
99BBB

Old August 17th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Man, there's probably 5 or 6 Chillicothe's up around the mid west. It's an
old Indian tribe (you probably already knew that).

Chris
99BBB

Old August 17th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"miker" > wrote
> Ken Lyons > wrote in message
>> Maybe it is the outstanding Brilliant Black color, not the wussy,
>> *allegedly* faster, boring white.

> Mere "Brilliant Black", or "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"?

Are you asking if it has been resprayed? Not yet, though 11 years of
outdoor living is taking its toll on the original single stage paint. Bird
droppings, no matter how quickly cleaned off, do a marvelous job of etching
the paint surface.