1993 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 3.3V6

Old March 25th 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 1993 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 3.3V6

I have a 1993 dodge grand caravan 3.3-v6 once it gets hot it turns off,and
won't start until it cools down. I have replaced the fuel pump, computer,
coilpack. IT still won't stay running.

Old March 25th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--
"062167david" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have a 1993 dodge grand caravan 3.3-v6 once it gets hot it turns off,and
> won't start until it cools down. I have replaced the fuel pump, computer,
> coilpack. IT still won't stay running.

you will get it eventually if you replace enough parts or you can see if
there are any fault codes in the system.
And before throwing all these parts on it why not try to verify if it is
spark or fuel causing the problem?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 26th 06, 08:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

TO MR GLEAN BEASLEY I HAVE REPLASED THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES CHECKED TO
SEE IF ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIREING AS WELL, ALSO REPLACED FUEL RAIL DO TO
LEAK BUT WHEN I CHECKED WITH MY SNAP ON SCANNER IT HAS NO FAULT CODES TO
READ SO IM STUMPED.BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAGE TO CHECK THE
PRESSURE.

Old March 26th 06, 12:32 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--

"062167david" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> TO MR GLEAN BEASLEY I HAVE REPLASED THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES CHECKED TO
> SEE IF ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIREING AS WELL,

Ok if you want help what is the answer to the above ???? was there a spark
or not????

ALSO REPLACED FUEL RAIL DO TO
> LEAK BUT WHEN I CHECKED WITH MY SNAP ON SCANNER IT HAS NO FAULT CODES TO
> READ SO IM STUMPED.BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAGE TO CHECK THE
> PRESSURE.

Ok, assuming you have spark, have you tried to spray some gum cutter or
throttle body cleaner into the throttle body to see if it tries to start
that way?
You say you have a scan tool, you haven't told me what the cam and crank
sensor was doing as you were cranking the vehicle? Does it show cam and
crank????

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 26th 06, 01:41 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"062167david" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> TO MR GLEAN BEASLEY I HAVE REPLASED THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES CHECKED TO
> SEE IF ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIREING AS WELL, ALSO REPLACED FUEL RAIL DO TO
> LEAK BUT WHEN I CHECKED WITH MY SNAP ON SCANNER IT HAS NO FAULT CODES TO
> READ SO IM STUMPED.BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAGE TO CHECK THE
> PRESSURE.

repost

Old May 26th 06, 05:58 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I have a 1993 dodge caravan 3.3 v6. I have replaced the coil pack plugs
wire's fuel pump cam sensor crank sensor and computer. but it still won't
start or get any fire. any suggestion's help..

Old May 26th 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Yep, Get a proper mechanical diagnosis! how much have you spent
unnecessarily already on this van? Did you even test the starter?

Old May 26th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--

"062167david" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have a 1993 dodge caravan 3.3 v6. I have replaced the coil pack plugs
> wire's fuel pump cam sensor crank sensor and computer. but it still won't
> start or get any fire. any suggestion's help..

What fault codes are there? why replace the fuel pump because of no fire? DO
you even know if it has fuel?spark? compression?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 7th 06, 08:37 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boomer1955

To all who are experiening the problem of their Dodge Caravans driving for
a while and then stopping all of a sudden. Examole: you are on the
freeway and then you need to accelerate and you going along at a good clip
and all of a sudden it just stops running so you pull over to the shoulder
and let it cool down then it starts.
What I discovered after replacing several parts includung the computer,
and the crank shaft posoition sensor is that it is a design flaw in the
connector for the crankshaft position sensor located on the to of the
transmission. When it get hot it pushes itself apart just enough not to
be detected. That's why the Dodge dealers can't find the problem when you
take it in.
The fix is as simple as pushing it (the connector) together and putting a
black zip tie on it to keep it securely together. Hope this solves your
problem. Chrysler should redesign the connectors on their vehicles. It
would them and us a lot of money and frustration.

Old August 7th 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"boomer1955" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> To all who are experiening the problem of their Dodge Caravans driving for
> a while and then stopping all of a sudden. Examole: you are on the
> freeway and then you need to accelerate and you going along at a good clip
> and all of a sudden it just stops running so you pull over to the shoulder
> and let it cool down then it starts.
> What I discovered after replacing several parts includung the computer,
> and the crank shaft posoition sensor is that it is a design flaw in the
> connector for the crankshaft position sensor located on the to of the
> transmission. When it get hot it pushes itself apart just enough not to
> be detected. That's why the Dodge dealers can't find the problem when you
> take it in.
> The fix is as simple as pushing it (the connector) together and putting a
> black zip tie on it to keep it securely together. Hope this solves your
> problem. Chrysler should redesign the connectors on their vehicles. It
> would them and us a lot of money and frustration.

A design flaw on a 1993 vehicle? That's 13 years old!! How can that be a
design flaw?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech