would like advice on 99 saturn sc1

Old March 13th 05, 02:42 AM
G & K Meyer

Default would like advice on 99 saturn sc1

We are looking at a 1999 Sc1, with about 62,000 miles, auto.has the 1.9
engine, it is just a base unit no 3rd door or sun roof, no cruise. What is
a fair price for this car? Some dings and scraps, but looks good and clean
inside and believe to have been taken care off. Any advice good or bad? We
have never had a Saturn before but have heard good things on them. It is
going to be mostly for our 16 year old daughter.
Thank you.

--
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer

Old March 13th 05, 04:41 AM
rufus

You might want to check Kelley Blue Book at www.kbb.com

Old March 14th 05, 12:10 PM
marx404

Welcome and do check out www.kbb.com and msnbc autos for some nice info and
pricing. The SC1 is a great car, good looking and fun to drive. The 1.9 is
basically 100hp, slightly peppy and good on gas. A good safe car for your
daughter too.

Some things to look out for: Check the coolant and oil, make sure they are
clean. Check service records. Check the head cover where the gasket is make
sure it is clean and no oil residue is coming from it. (checking for leaks)

Drive the car and sit in idle, if it vibrates excessively it needs motor
mounts.
If all else checks out, you have a nice car if the price is right. 62K miles
on a 99 is good. From a personal owner, I would say $2-4K is good, but do
check the KBB.

marx404