What is the minimum size pickup to haul 2.5 tons of water?

Old July 11th 14, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default What is the minimum size pickup to haul 2.5 tons of water?

What about a good old farm tractor?
Old July 11th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_2_]

JR > wrote in
:

> [...]

>> > and not for hire on it, add a tank and register it at 24,000 pounds

>> > and start hauling water.

>> > What would be ideal would be to find an M-50 water tanker. They
>> > have a

>> > 1000 gallon baffled tank.

>> > http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m50water.php

>> He won`t have any trouble hauling 500 gal with a 3/4 ton pkup if the
>>
>> speed is kept down. My spray rig alone is more than 1000 lbs heaver
>> than
>>
>> a simple 500 gal tank. and I have used mine for over 15 years doing
>> much
>>
>> harder work spraying in the field than any road hauling would be.
>> tires
>>
>> will be more of a concern than anything else. now that said 300 gal
>> tank
>>
>> in the pkup and 500 on a trailer would be more efficient use of

with a tractor and trailer he could easily haul up to 2000 gal at a time,
uphill. downhill it wouldn`t have the brakes to do safely unless the
trailer had brakes too. KB

Minimum noise level? Minimum??? Dillon Pyron[_2_] Ford Mustang 33 February 1st 11 04:03 AM
People Renting U-Haul Trucks and Refilling Gas Tank w Water Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 35 July 3rd 08 03:14 PM
Water Pump 95 Nissan Pickup stampin' L Technology 1 February 20th 06 12:33 AM
U-Haul Bob Ford Explorer 20 February 7th 05 08:22 PM
Max Tire size for Stock 1987 fullsize chevy pickup Wit 4x4 7 August 19th 04 06:39 PM