Where is Leon ?

Old January 29th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default Where is Leon ?

John McGaw > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> John McGaw > wrote:

>>> I just looked and I'm relatively certain that Leon is not
>>> here...

>> You looked under the bed?

> That is where the monster hides. If Leon was there then he isn't
> any more...

Oh, Oh... Something under the bed is drooling....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old January 29th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
jfeelders

I'm reading the ng every other day. My Silver Striped Crystal White 91B
Miata is on the carport and safe from weather, although I drive him quite
regularly. As a commissioner of the Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands i'm
busy with MX5 related stuff every day. Right now I'm in the process of
developing a new clubsite.

Miata forever...

Jeroen
Zoetermeer (Sweet Lake City), The Netherlands

"Dale Beckett" > schreef in bericht
| pws wrote:
| > Lanny Chambers wrote:

| >> I've been wondering the same thing. He's still teaching at FSU, and
| >> one page on his faculty site appears to be just a few days old.
| >
| > He didn't even say goodbye......(sniff)
| >
| > It seems like a lot of people are missing anymore.
| >
| > Chris D'Agnolo is having newsgroup problems, so I am calling attendance
| > for those who wish to respond.
| > Lurkers are encouraged to respond as well, since anyone reading this is
| > basically lurking right now.
| >
| > Are we still a community at least 100 strong or are there now only about
| > 8 guys and gals still jabbering on this group? :-)
| >
| > Pat
| >

| Lurker here. I read this group every day, although I don't own a Miata.
My

Old January 30th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Say, did Leon come back over to your side of the pond ? He is MIA from
the NG. I know his white MX-5 is fast, but I sure hope he didn't try to
drive it back home.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old January 30th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
r0lliSl1fe

Yup, still hanging around here. Don't get to post as often but
usually I reply to threads I can help with.

-r0ll
Old January 30th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> Say, did Leon come back over to your side of the pond ? He is MIA from
> the NG. I know his white MX-5 is fast, but I sure hope he didn't try to
> drive it back home.

Couldn't be a better time. I hear the North Atlantic is frozen over.

miker

Old January 30th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-30, miker > wrote:
>> Say, did Leon come back over to your side of the pond ? He is MIA from
>> the NG. I know his white MX-5 is fast, but I sure hope he didn't try to
>> drive it back home.

> Couldn't be a better time. I hear the North Atlantic is frozen
> over.

It certainly feels like it could be if you live around here
(Minneapolis). It's been the first January in 15 years without
an above-freezing temperature reading. I heard yesterday the
frost line is down to between 4-5 feet in some places around
town and is getting dangerously close to water lines. A few
days ago somebody moved a large old Victorian-style house from
an island to shore by putting a bunch of dollies under it and
pulling it across the ice. [And they didn't skimp on the
building materials back when that house was built.]

I won't say I'm in favor of long-term global warming, but some
short-term local warming would be welcome.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm having a
at tax-deductible experience!
Old January 30th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

>> Couldn't be a better time. I hear the North Atlantic is frozen
>> over.

> It certainly feels like it could be if you live around here
> (Minneapolis).

I do.

> A few
> days ago somebody moved a large old Victorian-style house from
> an island to shore by putting a bunch of dollies under it and
> pulling it across the ice.

Out on Minnetonka I assume? That must have been a real photo-op. Worlds
biggest fishhouse!

miker

Old January 30th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

>>> Couldn't be a better time. I hear the North Atlantic is frozen
>>> over.

>> It certainly feels like it could be if you live around here
>> (Minneapolis).

> I do.
>
>> A few days ago somebody moved a large old Victorian-style
>> house from an island to shore by putting a bunch of dollies
>> under it and pulling it across the ice.

> Out on Minnetonka I assume?

White Bear.

> That must have been a real photo-op. Worlds biggest fishhouse!

Here's the story (with photos and video). You may or may not
need a login -- sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, and I've
never figured out the rules:

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/38530692.html

It's a two-story house built in the 1880's. The estimated
weight was 60 tons. After looking closer at the architecture,
it's not quite ornate enought to be "Victorian", but it's
pretty big. Here are direct links to a couple photos (For
which I don't think you'll need to log in). [Cool. I just
figured out that the JPG files are generated on the fly with
whatever resolution you ask for, so I enlarged them a bit.]

http://stmedia.startribune.com/image...2/M5104671.JPG
http://stmedia.startribune.com/image...0/M5104673.JPG

For you Southerners, in one of those you can see some more
modest fishhouses in the background. Personally, I don't
really "get" ice fishing -- but it is something people really
do. The last time I was in northern Australia, I had somebody
ask me if people in Minnesota really go ice fishing or if it
was just something funny invented by the writers of the movie
"Grumpy Old Men".

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm totally DESPONDENT
at over the LIBYAN situation
Old January 31st 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:57:03 -0600, pws wrote:
> Lanny Chambers wrote:
>> In article >,

> Are we still a community at least 100 strong or are there now only
> about 8 guys and gals still jabbering on this group? :-)

I check in every week or so, mostly lurking.

Hey Leon! [email protected] Mazda 32 March 26th 06 03:06 AM
Leon shows off the 'other side' of his brain Chris D'Agnolo Mazda 5 October 16th 05 11:18 PM
Alfasud-Seat Leon Bert Kanters Alfa Romeo 6 July 25th 05 07:40 PM