So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

Old January 14th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chas Hurst

Default So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

"John McGaw" > wrote in message
> Chas Hurst wrote:
>> "John McGaw" > wrote in message

> snip...
>
>> In winter, #2 diesel is formulated for better starting. Using #1 diesel
>> is more expensive, it gives less power and has less lubricity.
>>
>> http://www.exxon.com/USA-English/GFM..._Fuels_FAQ.asp

> I'll stick with #1 in a frigid climate.

As you should and have.
Most of us living in the lower 48 don't need such measures. I certainly
never had to fiddle with fuel in my diesels.
And I don't think a diesel powered convertible is going to sell well in
Alaska.

Old January 14th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-14, Chas Hurst > wrote:

> As you should and have. Most of us living in the lower 48
> don't need such measures. I certainly never had to fiddle with
> fuel in my diesels. And I don't think a diesel powered
> convertible is going to sell well in Alaska.

Who knows?

Convertibles seem to sell well here in Minnesota, and we only
get a week or two of nice weather in the spring and then
another week or two again in the fall.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Four thousand
at different MAGNATES, MOGULS
Old January 14th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chas Hurst

"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message
> On 2009-01-14, Chas Hurst > wrote:
>
>> As you should and have. Most of us living in the lower 48
>> don't need such measures. I certainly never had to fiddle with
>> fuel in my diesels. And I don't think a diesel powered
>> convertible is going to sell well in Alaska.

> Who knows?
>
> Convertibles seem to sell well here in Minnesota, and we only
> get a week or two of nice weather in the spring and then
> another week or two again in the fall.
>
> --
> Grant Edwards

There's no comparison between a state poised to send Al Franken to the
Senate and a state governed by Sarah Palin.

Old January 14th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-14, Chas Hurst > wrote:

> There's no comparison between a state poised to send Al
> Franken to the Senate and a state governed by Sarah Palin.

Don't forget we had Jesse "The Body" Ventura as governor for 4
years. Actually, he didn't do that bad a job, but he was lucky
to be in charge while the state was running a budget surplus --
that cuts down on the number of unpleasant decisions that have
to be made.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! What PROGRAM are they
at watching?
Old January 15th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:02:06 -0600, pws >
wrote:

>XS11E wrote:
>
>> Today it's going to get up to 73F but that's still way too cold for
>> me.... I will have the top down, though.

Currently 100.4 in Sydney Australia.
Black NC is staying in the garage till later this evening when it
cools down a bit.

Funny thing is, I fly out to San Fran in a couple of days then doing
the drive from there to Vancouver up the Oregon coast.....should be a
nice change in climate BUT don't I wish I had the MX5 and not the
Pontiac G6 that I needed to rent.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old January 15th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> Don't forget we had Jesse "The Body" Ventura as governor for 4
> years.

Actually I had him as mayor before that (Brooklyn Park, MN). I'd vote for
him anytime for anything. Especially if he'd punch out the incumbent on his
way in.

miker

Old January 16th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Naw, this time of the year, you would be better off in the G6. It is
fog and 44 deg's F here in Seattle today. The roads will be wet and not
too much fun for a MX-5.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old January 16th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Naw, this time of the year, you would be better off in the G6.
> It is
> fog and 44 deg's F here in Seattle today. The roads will be wet
> and not
> too much fun for a MX-5.

Geez, compared to Eastern PA, that's a freakin' heatwave! It's
supposed to get all the way up to 14F today with a wind chill
of -8F.

Freezing Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old January 16th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-16, Iva > wrote:
> BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
>> Naw, this time of the year, you would be better off in the G6.
>> It is
>> fog and 44 deg's F here in Seattle today. The roads will be wet
>> and not
>> too much fun for a MX-5.
>>

> Geez, compared to Eastern PA, that's a freakin' heatwave! It's
> supposed to get all the way up to 14F today with a wind chill
> of -8F.

14F? _That's_ a heatwave. This morning it was -23F in
Minneapolis and it hasn't been above zero for several days. I
think the high yesterday or the day before was -8F. But,
people in from the northern part of the state really have
something to complain about with temperatures as low as -40F
during the past couple days.

So far the Miata has started right up every time...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I don't understand
at the HUMOUR of the THREE
Old January 16th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Grant Edwards > wrote:

> 14F? _That's_ a heatwave. This morning it was -23F in
> Minneapolis and it hasn't been above zero for several days.

I can sympathize. I've been in Rochester, Minnesota at similar
temperatures in winter and at 101F in summer.

That seems to me to be an extreme range!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
interesting Anonymous Corvette 1 January 16th 06 05:32 PM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Would this be interesting? Bart Bervoets VW air cooled 4 April 28th 05 01:15 PM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM