Saddest day of the year....

Old November 2nd 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

Default Saddest day of the year....

Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(

-- Larry
Old November 3rd 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

pltrgyst wrote:

> Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(

Aw, man, I feel for ya. Where do you live? This is the season we
Floridians have the top down all the time, as compared with the summer
when all day long we're either fifteen degrees too hot to think straight
or damn near monsooned under like weary old Captain McWhirr.

yrs jp
Old November 3rd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:31:01 -0500, "johnny p." > wrote:

>pltrgyst wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(

>Aw, man, I feel for ya. Where do you live?

Washington, DC area.

>This is the season we Floridians have the top down all the time, as compared with the summer
>when all day long we're either fifteen degrees too hot to think straight
>or damn near monsooned under like weary old Captain McWhirr.

Yeah, we were in Lakeland part of June and most of July -- hot as hell. But we
could have any tennis court we wanted after 11 am, since we were the only people
dumb enough to play a couple of hours in the mid-day sun. 8

Awfully nice there now, though -- high in the low 80s every day?

-- Larry
Old November 3rd 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

johnny p. wrote:
> pltrgyst wrote:
>> Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(

> Aw, man, I feel for ya. Where do you live? This is the season we
> Floridians have the top down all the time, as compared with the summer
> when all day long we're either fifteen degrees too hot to think straight
> or damn near monsooned under like weary old Captain McWhirr.
>
> yrs jp

Same here, minus the hurricanes for this part of the state.
Galveston and other places got smashed, but it went up north and I never
even got rained on from the last big one.

October through December are my favorite months in Texas, with June
through August being the worst.

Chilly mornings, warm afternoons where you can usually wear shorts and a
t-shirt, and years between having evil frozen stuff on the road during
winter.
When we do have freezing rain, it never sticks for more than a couple of
days.

Pat
Old November 3rd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Last Thursday was one of the best of the year, for me (Minneapolis). Spent
it driving around the alphabet roads in SW Wisconsin with the top down,
perfect weather. And off in the wilds of either Pierce or Buffalo county,
what should there be but an identical black NA heading the other direction
on the same great road. Traded waves.

miker

Old November 4th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Well, this is not the saddest day yet, that will come in December when I
have my left hip joint replaced. I have a good friend that has a Miata
and he will come over and give "Bing" a drive to keep her alive and yes
the hard top is on. I put it on in mid Oct. and remove it in April or
May if the weather is nice. I just put on a new front air dam and it
looks good. To my suprise, I thought I would give MACCO a chance to
paint it and it came out very well. ($99 ) The owner wanted to use it as
a shill to show off their $99 special on bumpers. The color match is
very good and Garnet Red Mica is hard to match. SOO, some people have
sadder days than outers.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old November 4th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:24:09 -0500, pltrgyst wrote:

> Yeah, we were in Lakeland part of June and most of July -- hot as
> hell. But we could have any tennis court we wanted after 11 am, since
> we were the only people dumb enough to play a couple of hours in the
> mid-day sun. 8
>
> Awfully nice there now, though -- high in the low 80s every day?

Small world, I live in Lakeland, FL.

This place is basically a furnace basically May through September, only
more humid. However now it's just about perfect. Forecast for tomorrow:

TUESDAY
LOW CLOUDS AND PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING THEN PARTLY CLOUDY.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S.
NORTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
Old November 8th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"pltrgyst" > wrote
> Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(
>
> -- Larry

Isn't this a little early? Today was a pretty nice top-down day.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old November 8th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 02:37:41 GMT, "Ken Lyons" >
wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote
>> Yes, it is. Late this afternoon, the hardtop went on. 8;(

>Isn't this a little early? Today was a pretty nice top-down day.

The day before I put the hard top on was beautiful, too -- we took a run out to
Annapolis and the eastern shore. But when you don't have a usable soft top on
the car, and you want to use it frequently, you have to make some
sacrifices...especially when you have three days of drizzle/rain like we had
this week. 8;(

Besides, I've still got the motorcycle and the scooter. 8

-- Larry
Old November 8th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

You know when you post this kind of note you are going to get these
kind of remarks! I live in the Charlotte area and don't even own a
hardtop, as you never know when it will be in the 70's in December or
January! This past week and this weekend we have been in the low 70's
for highs, so nice top-down fall color days on the way home from work
or just cruising. I hope the winter goes fast for you!

Tom - '04 MSM