Now I Know Why Brent Slaps Fenders

Old August 23rd 05, 04:55 AM
Scott en Aztlán

Default Now I Know Why Brent Slaps Fenders

Since I started walking to/from the train station every day, I've
noticed just how many ASSHOLE drivers there are out there on the
roads. If you think they're bad to other drivers, you should see what
they do to pedestrians and pedalcyclists. I guess they feel all big
and brave in their 2-ton metal bunkers, or maybe they just don't pay
attention, but not a day goes by when I don't have to take some sort
of evasive action to dodge a vehicle that flies around a right turn on
a red light, or have some scumbag try to scare/intimidate me as I walk
through the crosswalk by zooming right up to me and braking sharply at
the last possible moment.

One bimbo in a minivan almost ran into me because she was too busy
looking to her left for cross-traffic while she prepared to turn right
on red. I looked her right in the eye and asked "what am I,
invisible?" through her open window; she hid her face in her hands in
embarrassment.

The most arrogant one was the Trucker who started to cuss me and my
co-workers out for having the audacity to cross the street in front of
him and make him wait. Of course, he wasn't MAN enough to get out of
his tandem dirt-hauler and come kick our asses or anything, but man,
was he vocal.

One of these days some deserving prick is going to get a nice
resounding fender slap from me.

Old August 23rd 05, 05:54 AM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> One of these days some deserving prick is going to get a nice
> resounding fender slap from me.

You are begining to get it.

I haven't had to actually touch someone's vehicle in some time now. (as
in a couple of years)

Today's dumb bitch driving an SUV with a phone glued to her ear... in the
left turn lane, I am behind her on the bicycle. Huge gap in oncoming
traffic... 5 vehicles in front of her make it through slothly. She's the
biggest sloth. I am yelling for her to accelerate, she gets close to the
light, sees traffic coming that is still at least an 1/8th of a mile away
and comes to a stop... I brake, dodge left of her and make the left turn
leaving her at the light.

Old August 23rd 05, 10:28 AM
Paul.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:55:09 -0700, Scott en Aztl=E1n , said the following=
=20
in rec.autos.driving...=20

> Since I started walking to/from the train station every day, I've
> noticed just how many ASSHOLE drivers there are out there on the
> roads. If you think they're bad to other drivers, you should see what
> they do to pedestrians and pedalcyclists. I guess they feel all big
> and brave in their 2-ton metal bunkers, or maybe they just don't pay
> attention, but not a day goes by when I don't have to take some sort
> of evasive action to dodge a vehicle that flies around a right turn on
> a red light, or have some scumbag try to scare/intimidate me as I walk
> through the crosswalk by zooming right up to me and braking sharply at
> the last possible moment.

<snip>=20

Since I started walking (to lose weight and general fitness)a few months=20
ago, I have also noted what assholes some people can be. Mostly it is=20
from the evidence that they leave behind (translation: litter) that I see=
=20
now that I didn't notice when in the car.=20

--=20
Paul

Self-appointed unofficial overseer of kooks=20
and trolls in rec.autos.driving.=20

They love Spam:

Disregard the e-mail above. It has nothing to do with the post.
Old August 23rd 05, 11:25 AM
Dave Head

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:55:09 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>Since I started walking to/from the train station every day, I've
>noticed just how many ASSHOLE drivers there are out there on the
>roads. If you think they're bad to other drivers, you should see what
>they do to pedestrians and pedalcyclists. I guess they feel all big
>and brave in their 2-ton metal bunkers, or maybe they just don't pay
>attention, but not a day goes by when I don't have to take some sort
>of evasive action to dodge a vehicle that flies around a right turn on
>a red light, or have some scumbag try to scare/intimidate me as I walk
>through the crosswalk by zooming right up to me and braking sharply at
>the last possible moment.

U are asking for a trip to the hospital if you are stepping out into the street
with something else there that hasn't already stopped, and relying on the _law_
to keep you safe.

Never rely on someone else doing something for your safety. If something is
coming, and I can't get across the street before it gets there if it doesn't
slow or stop, I don't enter the street. I _expect_ this ****. Remember
driver's ed - expect the unexpected? This is it...

Dave Head

Old August 23rd 05, 12:28 PM
Larry Bud

n wrote:

> > One of these days some deserving prick is going to get a nice
> > resounding fender slap from me.

> You are begining to get it.
>
> I haven't had to actually touch someone's vehicle in some time now. (as
> in a couple of years)
>
> Today's dumb bitch driving an SUV with a phone glued to her ear... in the
> left turn lane, I am behind her on the bicycle.

Maybe if you'd get off the road made for motor vehicles you wouldn't
have this problem.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:06 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:28:38 -0400, Paul. > wrote:

>Since I started walking (to lose weight and general fitness)a few months
>ago, I have also noted what assholes some people can be. Mostly it is
>from the evidence that they leave behind (translation: litter) that I see
>now that I didn't notice when in the car.

Yep. In at least two places along my usual route there is broken green
glass all over the sidewalk where someone in a car threw his empty
beer bottle out the window. Then there's the fast food bags, the piles
of cigarette butts (from smokers emptying their ashtrays), etc. etc.

There's a bunch of people whom I call "the lunchtime parking club."
These losers leave their offices at lunch time, get into their cars,
drive a few blocks away to some other company's parking lot, park
their cars in a shady spot, and sit there eating their lunches,
reading the newspaper, listening to the radio, taking a nap, getting a
BJ, etc. Then they dump all of their garbage out the window and drive
back to their offices.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:06 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On 23 Aug 2005 04:28:27 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>>
>> > One of these days some deserving prick is going to get a nice
>> > resounding fender slap from me.

>> You are begining to get it.
>>
>> I haven't had to actually touch someone's vehicle in some time now. (as
>> in a couple of years)
>>
>> Today's dumb bitch driving an SUV with a phone glued to her ear... in the
>> left turn lane, I am behind her on the bicycle.

>Maybe if you'd get off the road made for motor vehicles you wouldn't
>have this problem.

0.5 on the Troll-O-Meter.

Old August 23rd 05, 04:24 PM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:55:09 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:
>
>>Since I started walking to/from the train station every day, I've
>>noticed just how many ASSHOLE drivers there are out there on the
>>roads. If you think they're bad to other drivers, you should see what
>>they do to pedestrians and pedalcyclists. I guess they feel all big
>>and brave in their 2-ton metal bunkers, or maybe they just don't pay
>>attention, but not a day goes by when I don't have to take some sort
>>of evasive action to dodge a vehicle that flies around a right turn on
>>a red light, or have some scumbag try to scare/intimidate me as I walk
>>through the crosswalk by zooming right up to me and braking sharply at
>>the last possible moment.

> U are asking for a trip to the hospital if you are stepping out into
> the street with something else there that hasn't already stopped, and
> relying on the _law_ to keep you safe.
>
> Never rely on someone else doing something for your safety. If
> something is coming, and I can't get across the street before it gets
> there if it doesn't slow or stop, I don't enter the street. I
> _expect_ this ****. Remember driver's ed - expect the unexpected?
> This is it...
>
> Dave Head

I believe it's far easier to stop a walking human body than to stop a 2500+
lb vehicle travelling at far greater speeds.
By this,I mean that people expect the MV's to yield to them even though the
people could pause and step out after the MV has passed by. These
days,especially with the young "adults",they think the law makes them
immune to traffic.

I do not interpret this to mean that one wait when they have the crossing
light or sign.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old August 23rd 05, 04:31 PM

Paul. wrote:

> Since I started walking (to lose weight and general fitness)a few months
> ago, I have also noted what assholes some people can be. Mostly it is
> from the evidence that they leave behind (translation: litter) that I see
> now that I didn't notice when in the car.

When I rode bike to get back and forth to work, this was one of the
reasons I would get more into the travel lane than off to the side -
all the glass and other various crap that lived over past where the
tires swept the pavement clean.

Drivers **** and moan about bikes being in the lane, but if the side of
the road didn't have all this asshole-generated waste, I could ride
further to the right. And you just can't see it at 35mph from inside
your car.

E.P.

fuel economy in car commercials Magnulus Driving 194 April 13th 05 05:35 AM
brent knows his fords gerald [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 March 30th 05 01:04 PM
Wider Fenders TerryB VW air cooled 10 March 8th 05 05:29 PM
any way to protect NOS fenders? Nate Nagel Antique cars 16 October 24th 04 12:40 PM
20's-30's fenders Glenn Pavlovic Antique cars 1 October 29th 03 01:59 AM