Is new A4 1.6 litre too weak?

Old August 29th 06, 02:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Play

Default Is new A4 1.6 litre too weak?

Hi to All,
I think to purchase new A4 with little weak 1.6 litre motor,so I want to
know what you guys think about it.
Every good or bad opionion is welcome!

Thanks!

Old August 29th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ernest

I would not buy one as I live 3500 feet above sea level and think that the
power will not be enough.

Old August 29th 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Pete[_2_]

"Play" wrote
> Hi to All,
> I think to purchase new A4 with little weak 1.6 litre motor,so I want to
> know what you guys think about it.

Will it drive? Yes. Will you have fun driving it? Maybe not. It really
depends on what you expect from a car and whether you treat it as an
appliance to get you from A to B, or as a fun toy. It's best if you go for
a test drive and see for yourself as the term "too weak" can be very
subjective depending on one's point of reference.

Cheers,
Pete

Old August 29th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
wtrplnet

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Play" wrote
> > Hi to All,
> > I think to purchase new A4 with little weak 1.6 litre motor,so I want to
> > know what you guys think about it.

> Will it drive? Yes. Will you have fun driving it? Maybe not. It really
> depends on what you expect from a car and whether you treat it as an
> appliance to get you from A to B, or as a fun toy. It's best if you go

for
> a test drive and see for yourself as the term "too weak" can be very
> subjective depending on one's point of reference.
>
> Cheers,
> Pete

Cars without a lot of power can be fun if you are willing to keep it "wound
up" in the rev range. If you like a lot of response just by flooring it,
better look at something with more torque. An A4 is a lot of weight to
expect much performance from a 1.6.

Alan