T-Bird finished

Old March 11th 05, 11:46 PM
RichA

Default T-Bird finished

Ford to halt Thunderbird production
With sales falling, the roadster that returned with '02 model will
again go on hiatus after July.
March 11, 2005: 3:00 PM EST
RESEARCH A CAR
Get invoice and market prices, specs, reviews and photos
• Minivans • Sedans
• SUVs • Coupes/ Hatchbacks
Check latest incentives
-
Partner service:
GET A QUOTE

-
RESEARCH A USED CAR
Get used car pricing, reviews, ratings, and more.

Research used cars

AAA: Open enrollment in N. CA, NV, UT
24-hour Emergency Road Service, Show Your Card & Save?? program, AAA
maps,...
www.aaa.com
Affordable Financing, Good or Bad Credit
We offer commercial, as well as consumer services. Whether you own a
business or...
www.westgatecorporation.com
Fast Auto Loans for Bad Credit
Qualify for a bad credit car loan online in 30 seconds before you
apply. 93%...
www.fundingway.com
Auto Loans for Bad Credit
Get approved for an auto loan. Good credit or problem credit. Free,
60-second...
www.instantcarloan.com
Ford will halt production of the Thunderbird in July, but intends to
bring the namplate back at an unspecified time in the future.
Ford will halt production of the Thunderbird in July, but intends to
bring the namplate back at an unspecified time in the future.
Auto loans
Search for rates for new and used vehicles.
Loan Type:
State:

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ford plans to again stop production of its
Thunderbird sports car after the current model year ends production in
July.
Old March 12th 05, 12:45 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article >, RichA
> wrote:

> With sales falling, the roadster that returned with '02 model will
> again go on hiatus after July.

That's too bad. I liked it, but it was just far too over priced. If
they could have gotten it into the $30Ks instead of the $40Ks, they'd
have sold a pile of them. I know six people at my work who liked them,
and would have bought at the mid to high $30Ks.

Same with the Chevy SSR. Neat vehicle, but that sticker just does not
compute.
Old March 12th 05, 12:50 PM
SVTKate

It's their own fault. The under horsed and over priced it and many thought
they could have done better with the body style they gave it.
Too bad they are such quitters.

Old March 12th 05, 05:43 PM
RichA

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:50:48 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>It's their own fault. The under horsed and over priced it and many thought
>they could have done better with the body style they gave it.
>Too bad they are such quitters.

It's been said the reason for the pricing is because it has
Lincoln/Jag underpinnings. If so, there is nothing they
can do about the price. But, you'd think that for a car
they designed "from the ground up" they'd give it some
restyling and keep it going. It's kind of sad that it did
match the 1950s T-Birds in many ways, and didn't sell in
huge numbers, but there are many other past cars I'd like to see this
done to that I would buy.
Please take note, Chrysler.
-Rich
Old March 12th 05, 06:19 PM

they just came out with the hemi charger for you, what a lovely car.
NOT!
Old March 13th 05, 03:40 PM
Itsfrom Click

personally, it thought it was butt-ugly.....they called it retro, but
the front, back, sides or insides looked nothing like the 55-57s. and
at the very least, for $40 you should have been able to get something
besides an all black interior, without paying thousands extra.

they can't expect to sell many now with the new Mustang being so much
more car for less $$

but....is it really going away? FoMoCo sure hasn't been developing
new models. I think the 500/Montego is great - but it's only here
because they used Volvo bits. The Mazda 6 is supposedly a nice little
car, so here come Ford,Mercury and even Lincoln versions (from the
company that used to run those "cookie cutter" anti-GM commercials).
The Focus holds the all-time recall record. The
CrownVic-Marquis-TownCar are as old as the last Mustang. New product
seems to be mainly putting Lincoln grills on Ford trucks.

So.......what's at the auto shows for the last year, but the "new"
Lincoln 2-place roadster......a TBird with a different grill and tail
lights - even the doors interchange with the 'Bird.

Dang, if they get desperate enough, what will they make out of Mustangs
when they have production capacity?

Old March 16th 05, 01:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic

RichA opined in :
> -

> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ford plans to again stop production of its
> Thunderbird sports car after the current model year ends production in
> July.

Well... having owned two MN12's and one '62 Bird, I'm looking forward to
return of the 4-seater.

The Tbird always seemed to feature a unique driver feel, and the 90's series
is the best fit I ever had in a road car. Other than my Mustangs of course.

Old March 16th 05, 03:08 PM
RichA

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:01:54 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote:

>RichA opined in :
>> -

>> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ford plans to again stop production of its
>> Thunderbird sports car after the current model year ends production in
>> July.

>Well... having owned two MN12's and one '62 Bird, I'm looking forward to
>return of the 4-seater.
>
>The Tbird always seemed to feature a unique driver feel, and the 90's series
>is the best fit I ever had in a road car. Other than my Mustangs of course.

Personally, I liked the early 1970s T-Birds. Big, comfortable with
huge engines and very good looking. Best use of the opera window
in any car.
-Rich

Is my 1998 535i finished? John Burns BMW 1 March 1st 05 05:41 PM
NSR - Online play and why is there a bird chirping in my ear? Larry Simulators 3 February 21st 05 08:20 PM
1956 Ford T Bird Landau - Original George K Antique cars 0 July 17th 04 05:39 PM
Bird Poop? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 14th 04 04:13 AM
FS: 65 t- bird!! alan steppe Antique cars 0 February 5th 04 12:03 AM