2001 Prelude vs 2001 honda integra

Old June 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2001 Prelude vs 2001 honda integra

I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
one would you say is a better choice?

Old June 17th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Brain Damidge wrote:
> I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
> integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
> one would you say is a better choice?

prelude has it on the first two. but for utility, i'd go integra.
Old June 17th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

jim beam wrote:
> Brain Damidge wrote:
>> I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
>> integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
>> one would you say is a better choice?
>>

> prelude has it on the first two. but for utility, i'd go integra.

the preludes like an accord, vs the integra's civic roots. right? either
are nice.
Old June 18th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>
>> Brain Damidge wrote:
>>
>>> I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
>>> integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
>>> one would you say is a better choice?
>>>

>> prelude has it on the first two. but for utility, i'd go integra.

> the preludes like an accord, vs the integra's civic roots. right?

that's it. the accord/prelude platform handles /really/ well for a
slightly heavier car.

Old June 18th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Brain Damidge" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
> integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
> one would you say is a better choice?

Used to own a 01 Prelude, so I might be helpful here. Performance for the
Prelude is significantly better than the Integra -- not sure if they still
produced the GSR at that time. If so, they would be difficult to find. The
back seat in the Lude is unusable except for youg children. For the most
part the Prelude is reliable and will run hard even past 100k. The only
weak point is the auto tensioner which can go bad as early as 65k miles.
The VTEC comes on with a bang at 5300 rpm all the way to redline at 7400
with great performance. Handing is superb. It will be difficult to find a
decent Prelude that has not been "modified" badly in some way.

Old June 20th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

tww wrote:
> "Brain Damidge" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > I am planning to get a coupe and i have to choose between a 2001
> > integra or prelude.In regards to power,handling and reliability which
> > one would you say is a better choice?
> >

> Used to own a 01 Prelude, so I might be helpful here. Performance for the
> Prelude is significantly better than the Integra -- not sure if they still
> produced the GSR at that time. If so, they would be difficult to find. The
> back seat in the Lude is unusable except for youg children. For the most
> part the Prelude is reliable and will run hard even past 100k. The only
> weak point is the auto tensioner which can go bad as early as 65k miles.
> The VTEC comes on with a bang at 5300 rpm all the way to redline at 7400
> with great performance. Handing is superb. It will be difficult to find a
> decent Prelude that has not been "modified" badly in some way.

Thanks, I figured so, I own a 92 prelude at present and have driven a
couple of my budies integra's but I dont feel that "high" as when i'm
driving my Lude.

Old June 20th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

tww wrote:

> Used to own a 01 Prelude, so I might be helpful here.

Just curious why you got rid of the Prelude? (I post/lurk here
infrequently, but I remember you bought your 01 Prelude about the same
time as me--when the dealers were discounting them pretty heavily).

- Anderson

Old June 20th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> tww wrote:
>
> > Used to own a 01 Prelude, so I might be helpful here.

> Just curious why you got rid of the Prelude? (I post/lurk here
> infrequently, but I remember you bought your 01 Prelude about the same
> time as me--when the dealers were discounting them pretty heavily).
>
> - Anderson

Wife hated it. At age 65 I got a little tired of shifting and having to
herd it through traffic. Had the usual Prelude quirks -- used oil at about
1 qt every 2500 or so miles and blew a little smoke until warmed up.
Probably should have kept it as weekend driver.

Old June 21st 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

tww wrote:

> Wife hated it. At age 65 I got a little tired of shifting and having to
> herd it through traffic. Had the usual Prelude quirks -- used oil at about
> 1 qt every 2500 or so miles and blew a little smoke until warmed up.
> Probably should have kept it as weekend driver.

I hear you. My wife hates mine, too.

- Anderson