disabling factory alarm on '96 Jetta?

Old June 15th 05, 02:04 AM

Default disabling factory alarm on '96 Jetta?

Sometimes when I lock the doors, which engages the factory alarm, it
will go off for no apparent reason whatsoever, after a seemingly random
length of time. I do not have a remote (keyless) setup. I do not wish
to fix/repair the alarm, only disable it. I thought maybe it would be
as simple as removing a fuse, but after inspecting the cover panel,
this does not seem to be the case (which I guess makes sense, as this
would make the alarm far too easy to disable in the event of theft).

So, is there an easy way for an amateur to disable this alarm?

Thanks for any suggestions,

--Mike

Old June 16th 05, 02:16 AM
Woodchuck

It can be done with ease. Just remove the alarm module and jumper the 2 big
heavy gauge red/black or red & red/black wires which are the feeds for the
starter. I can't remember which plug numbers they are so just check your
wiring diagram.

ups.com...

Old June 16th 05, 06:28 PM
Warren Abrey

I had the same problem with my 96 jetta trek, it turned out to be a
combination of things, first in the rubber sleeve between the door and the
body the wires were cracked and broken, second I ended up having to replace
my ignition switch because the alarm would go off when the ignition switch
was activated (happened without the key sometimes)
ups.com...