Annoying beep-beep while driving

Old January 8th 08, 08:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IT147

Default Annoying beep-beep while driving

Since yesterday, while driving, I get frequent beeps while driving
(the same sound it makes when pressing buttons for fog lamps etc.). It
seems related to very small vibrations (i.e. touching the gear shift,
pressing the accelerator, driving on a bump on the road, etc.).
What is it? Is there a way to completely switch off those beeps?
Thanks!
Old January 8th 08, 08:33 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IT147

On 8 Gen, 09:29, IT147 > wrote:
> Since yesterday, while driving, I get frequent beeps while driving
> (the same sound it makes when pressing buttons for fog lamps etc.). It
> seems related to very small vibrations (i.e. touching the gear shift,
> pressing the accelerator, driving on a bump on the road, etc.).
> What is it? Is there a way to completely switch off those beeps?
> Thanks!

.... I forgot to say it's an Alfa 147 bought in 2002
Old January 10th 08, 01:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
IT147

Found it myself!
It was the selector of the regulation of the two side rearview mirrors
which was not well positioned in the middle...
Old January 10th 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John Chapman

IT147 wrote:
> Since yesterday, while driving, I get frequent beeps while driving
> (the same sound it makes when pressing buttons for fog lamps etc.). It
> seems related to very small vibrations (i.e. touching the gear shift,
> pressing the accelerator, driving on a bump on the road, etc.).
> What is it? Is there a way to completely switch off those beeps?
> Thanks!

Quite an easy solution to this problem would be to ask your
mother-in-law not to travel in the car with you in future.
Old January 11th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:35:54 -0800 (PST), IT147
>, wrote:

>Found it myself!
>It was the selector of the regulation of the two side rearview mirrors
>which was not well positioned in the middle...

Congratulations. It appears as though you have scored a perfect
double. The creation and solution of the very same problem. Well
done. I am sure somebody will find this post on Google one day and it
will save them hours of hunting around their car for the cause.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso