Alfa 164 Electric Window problem

Old July 6th 04, 08:31 PM
Emjay

Default Alfa 164 Electric Window problem

Hello folks,

Thought I'd ask the audience for some advice before I leap in with my
screwdriver !

Both front windows on our Alfa 164 (2.0TS) intermittently stop
working. The nearside blows the 30A fuse occasionally, and the
offside window wont move (or gets stuck).

You can here a small relay clicking when you press the button, but
that's all. I don't think the problem is physical (as in something
preventing free movement) but I can't be sure.

Before I go into "stripdown mode", has anyone had any similar problems
with electric windows on 164's ? Any help or advice gratefully
received.

Many thanks in advance.

Marcus

in a cloudy Wrexham, UK.

Old July 12th 04, 12:53 AM
Carl Farrington

Emjay wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Thought I'd ask the audience for some advice before I leap in with my
> screwdriver !
>
> Both front windows on our Alfa 164 (2.0TS) intermittently stop
> working. The nearside blows the 30A fuse occasionally, and the
> offside window wont move (or gets stuck).
>
> You can here a small relay clicking when you press the button, but
> that's all. I don't think the problem is physical (as in something
> preventing free movement) but I can't be sure.
>
> Before I go into "stripdown mode", has anyone had any similar problems
> with electric windows on 164's ? Any help or advice gratefully
> received.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

both window regulators had to be replaced in my 2002 GTV. The driver side at
1yr and the passenger side at 2yrs.
Don't know if the 164 uses the same regulators though.

Old July 13th 04, 12:42 AM
Emjay

Thanks for the reply Carl.

This car is a lot older, but I suppose its possible that the parts are
similar.

I'll have to get inside the door itself to see whats going on - not
looking forward to it !

Cheers

Marcus

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:53:30 +0100, "Carl Farrington"