MY SENTRA MAKES 40+MPG!!!!

Old May 9th 05, 02:27 AM
JP White

I wasn't being serious.

JP

--
JP White

Old May 9th 05, 02:28 AM
JP White

JP White wrote:
> I wasn't being serious.
>
> JP

Ha Ha bloody Ha Ha

--
JP White

Old May 9th 05, 02:35 AM
JP White

James C. Reeves wrote:

> How de we "fulk" SUV's? I want to know so I can start right away! Complete
> instructions requested!

Fulk = Fill Up (with) loadsa Kerosene ? That should fulk up the engine
at least.

JP

--
JP White

Old May 9th 05, 02:30 PM
TeGGeR®

"Sandra McGalloway" > wrote
in :

> I also eat healthy: no meat, mostly plants and fish

"...no meat..."?

Are fish plants?

--
TeGGeR®

Old May 9th 05, 03:45 PM
Steve

Yeah, I think someone's been sniffing WAY too much Sentra exhaust....

Old May 9th 05, 03:48 PM
Steve

A sock-puppet has gone off its meds again.....
Old May 9th 05, 06:51 PM
Raymond J. Henry

On 8 May 2005 14:32:04 -0700, "John S." > wrote:

>Another high milage vehicle that will seat four comfortably is the VW
>Golf Diesel. It is rated at 38mpg city and 46mpg highway, but I've
>heard of higher figures, especially in the city.

OK, I'm going to jump in here. Vehicles that get high mileage were out
many years ago. They have long ago been forgotten because that was not
what the buying markets wanted. They did survive in Europe.

My 1969 Fiat 850 Spider only gets less than 60 MPG on the highway if
you drive over 70 MPH. My father checked the mileage in his 1957 Nash
Metropolitan, and he got 40.6 MPG in the city last tank. That's up
from the 36 MPG that he was getting through the winter (down to -40).

So, when people go on about their mileage on newer cars that simply
have no character, I just smile. Some of us have been saving at the
pumps for years now, and attracting attention with our old rides.

Old May 10th 05, 03:17 AM

Well that is pretty extreme to take your car apart. I'm not sure if
you realize it but reducing all that weight puts you at an even bigger
disadvantage in a wreck. And FULK YOU, I just moved a twin bed and a 6
drawer dresser and my daughter and wife in my suburban. How many trips
would that errand have taken in a Sentra? Answer: none, I couldn't
have loaded any of it.

Old May 10th 05, 03:30 AM

Oh, wait. All these questions any reasonable SUV or truck owner could
through at you. Some of us have growing families, or move stuff
around, or tow, etc. Do the Yamaha owners say "**** all the car
owners"? That would be a little unreasonable, wouldn't it.

Let me give you a few more suggestions on weight reductions: Remove
the upholstery and padding from the two remaining seats. Take out the
radio, heater and AC controls. DEFINITELY remove the AC compressor.
That thing weighs a ton. Take out the carpet and all of the interior
trim. You can take your whole dash apart. Just leave in the gauge
cluster. Go ahead and get a 1" drill bit and start drilling holes in
all the newly exposed metal on the interior. Metal weighs alot and
most of that metal is not structural. It's just cheaper to leave it
there than to take the extra steps to remove it during the manufacture
process. Make sure to recycle the plastic trim and definitely the
drill bit shavings. It's good for the environment and scrap steel is
worth alot right now. Remove two of the lug nuts from each wheel, 4 or
5 is overkill. Cut off the protuding unused lugs. Remove the exterior
mirrors, there will be more aerodynamic advantage than weight but on
the highway, mirrors create alot of drag. Remove the high beam bulbs.
They are hardly ever used and that is precious ounces. Make sure to
remove the passenger side windshield wiper and wiper arm. Always run
with your engine oil near the lower mark on the dipstick, any more and
you are carrying extra cargo. Same for the transmission. When you
fill up, only put in a gallon at a time. Run with the tank as empty as
possible. A full tank is at least 100 lbs. extra weight. Besides by
the time you get to this point, that one gallon will probably get you
80 miles. Remove the rear brake shoes or pads. They are made mostly
of metal and your car will be so light, your front brakes should be
enough. Get creative. I'm sure there are more.

Old May 10th 05, 01:10 PM

"Sandra McGalloway" > wrote in
message .. .

> It's so much easier to steal a bike!! And women, how would you take a

girl
> on a bike, what is that?? It works for a few rides then women get tired

of
> sitting on a hard bench.

Not to mention their position on FULKING