Bess and Bozo

Old March 29th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Bess and Bozo

As requested:

http://dommelen.net/miata/other/032606/index.htm

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old March 29th 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Thanks Leon. Interesting: when I originally saw photos of the NC I liked
what I saw. Seeing the two side-by-side, though, I definitely prefer the NA
version. The new one is much rounder and softer-looking, and just generally
bigger-looking, and the dash looks waaaaaaaay more cluttered.

In any event I'd take it back and complain - they've put the steering wheel
on the wrong side of the car ;-)

Eric

Old March 29th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Eric Baber" > wrote:

>Thanks Leon. Interesting: when I originally saw photos of the NC I liked
>what I saw. Seeing the two side-by-side, though, I definitely prefer the NA
>version. The new one is much rounder and softer-looking, and just generally
>bigger-looking, and the dash looks waaaaaaaay more cluttered.

I do tend to think of it as my SUV Miata.

>In any event I'd take it back and complain - they've put the steering wheel
>on the wrong side of the car ;-)

Why do you say so? You seem to be posting from the university of Berlin?

Leon
Old March 29th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Eric Baber wrote:
> Thanks Leon. Interesting: when I originally saw photos of the NC I liked
> what I saw. Seeing the two side-by-side, though, I definitely prefer the NA
> version. The new one is much rounder and softer-looking, and just generally
> bigger-looking, and the dash looks waaaaaaaay more cluttered.
>
> In any event I'd take it back and complain - they've put the steering wheel
> on the wrong side of the car ;-)
>
> Eric

I have a '92, but admit I would prefer the fixed headlights of the NB.

I like the lines of the NA the most, and really like the 1.6L. I have
seen the light kits for the NA, but none I have seen really look right
to me.

Marc
Old March 29th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

> I do tend to think of it as my SUV Miata.

Absolutely, that's what it looks like. From your description it doesn't
sound like it feels like that though?

> >In any event I'd take it back and complain - they've put the steering

wheel
> >on the wrong side of the car ;-)

> Why do you say so? You seem to be posting from the university of Berlin?

That's just my newsserver - I'm in the UK.

Eric

Old March 29th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Well, that settles it. I'm planning on buying soon anyway, I think I'll get
that Chrome Gas door.
Way cool

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old March 30th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Leon van Dommelen" > signed.....
| Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata

But Leon.....Bess is an MX-5. Find the word "Miata" anywhere on her?

I love the NC "white", though obviously with those cream color impurities it
is slower than the pure white of Bozo.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old March 30th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Eric Baber" > wrote:

>> I do tend to think of it as my SUV Miata.

>Absolutely, that's what it looks like. From your description it doesn't
>sound like it feels like that though?

It certainly feels nimble and rev-happy enough. But then Bose radio,
a zillion speakers, keyhole lights, leather seats, audio controls on
steering wheel, remote/switch activated global door locks, auto
window-down, a hand brake lever at the passenger side of the car,
light power steering, light ABS brakes, light clutch, etc, and excessive
size do suggest a certain atmosphere.

Anyway, I am happy with it. If Mazda had asked me what to do for the
2006 Miata, I would have told them "don't make the new one as
humongous as the old one; keep the new one to no more than Lotus
Elan size." But they are in the business of making money, and
probably there is not enough of a market there. The Miata is
still the best one out there in my opinion, and I need something
reliable, and something I can take to the dealer to fix if there
is a problem, rather than having to fix it myself.

Leon

Old March 30th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Ken Lyons" > wrote:

>"Leon van Dommelen" > signed.....
>| Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
>
>But Leon.....Bess is an MX-5. Find the word "Miata" anywhere on her?

Bess is a Miata. Advertised or not.

>I love the NC "white", though obviously with those cream color impurities it
>is slower than the pure white of Bozo.

Well, of course! Why do you think they upped the horsepower? They
know they have to keep the speed freaks that drive white Miatas
satisfied. After all, there is no point in putting more hp in
black Miatas. It would just be wasted in photon drag.

Leon
Old March 30th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Leon van Dommelen wrote:
> As requested:
>
> http://dommelen.net/miata/other/032606/index.htm
>
> Leon

Where did your BBS wheels on the '96 go?

Pat