Switiching from Red Momo to Black Momo

Old March 19th 05, 11:32 AM
Joao Gonzalez

Default Switiching from Red Momo to Black Momo

Hi,

My trusty Red Momo (Momo Force) is on its last legs, FF is twitchy and the
pedals are getting extra soft with the brake POT acting up.

As its hard to get replacement springs and POTS where I live and the FF will
probably break anyway, I bought a Black Momo (Momo Racing) yesterday.

My first impressions are not so great so I was wonderig if anyone has gone
through the same switch and can share some experiences.

The pedals have a much larger travel which should be a good thing. The FF
feel is much different, feels weaker somehow, can't really place my finger
on it.

My laptimes with it (I use it for N2003 Cup/TA and GTR) are slower (I guess
that's normal for the first few days) but it seems my consistency has
suffered much with it. I tend to spin often, probably because I'm
overdriving it.

In N2003 I use the Logitech Profiler with the specific tweaks for Papy games
that have been posted here so often. I assume they don't need changing?

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions much appreciated.

Joćo Gonzalez

Old March 19th 05, 01:15 PM
Schooner

www.digikey.com carries replacement kits for the Logitech wheels or at least
use to.

Old March 19th 05, 02:26 PM
Steve Simpson

I switched about 6 months ago and I was slower for the first 3-4 days too
but then I started to get PBs mainly due to the better pedals I would say.
Maybe the wheel also needs a bit of time to break-in and loosen up a little.
The FF felt fairly similar I thought between the 2 wheels though the black
momo seems a bit more plasticy but not too bad.

Old March 19th 05, 07:39 PM
Joao Gonzalez

"Schooner" > wrote in message
> www.digikey.com carries replacement kits for the Logitech wheels or at
> least use to.
>
> "Joao Gonzalez" > wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> My trusty Red Momo (Momo Force) is on its last legs, FF is twitchy and
>> the pedals are getting extra soft with the brake POT acting up.
>>
>> As its hard to get replacement springs and POTS where I live and the FF
>> will probably break anyway, I bought a Black Momo (Momo Racing)
>> yesterday.
>>
>> My first impressions are not so great so I was wonderig if anyone has
>> gone through the same switch and can share some experiences.
>>
>> The pedals have a much larger travel which should be a good thing. The FF
>> feel is much different, feels weaker somehow, can't really place my
>> finger on it.
>>
>> My laptimes with it (I use it for N2003 Cup/TA and GTR) are slower (I
>> guess that's normal for the first few days) but it seems my consistency
>> has suffered much with it. I tend to spin often, probably because I'm
>> overdriving it.
>>
>> In N2003 I use the Logitech Profiler with the specific tweaks for Papy
>> games that have been posted here so often. I assume they don't need
>> changing?
>>
>> Any thoughts/comments/suggestions much appreciated.
>>
>> Joćo Gonzalez

They don't have them anymore but thanks anyway Schooner

Old March 19th 05, 07:42 PM
Joao Gonzalez

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
>I switched about 6 months ago and I was slower for the first 3-4 days too
> but then I started to get PBs mainly due to the better pedals I would say.
> Maybe the wheel also needs a bit of time to break-in and loosen up a
> little.
> The FF felt fairly similar I thought between the 2 wheels though the black
> momo seems a bit more plasticy but not too bad.

Thanks, that's a relief to know...

I've been doing some more laps and its getting better. Appart from the pedal
travel, the main difference is steering response. Its much more responsive.
In N2003 you have to increase steering ratio for the same setup. Even in a
twisting track like Tris Rivieres you get the feeling that steering lock is
too high.

Old March 19th 05, 08:17 PM
Schooner

That box is to filter your search.

They have stock:
"Quantity Available 94"

news

Old March 19th 05, 08:18 PM
Juan Vizoso

Old March 19th 05, 08:20 PM
Juan Vizoso

Old March 19th 05, 11:32 PM
Joao Gonzalez

"Schooner" > wrote in message
> That box is to filter your search.
>
> They have stock:
> "Quantity Available 94"
>

> "Juan Vizoso" > wrote in message
> news
>> Oh well .. I notice now the 'in stock' box isn't ticked so you must be
>> right .. :-( jv
>>

>> "Juan Vizoso" > wrote in message
>>> Try this link Joao ... This seems to indicate they still have the
>>> kits....
>>>
>>> http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...KIT-ND&site=us

TX guys, the old Momo might still have a chance!

Old March 20th 05, 11:26 PM
Alan Le

> I've been doing some more laps and its getting better. Appart from the
pedal
> travel, the main difference is steering response. Its much more

responsive.
> In N2003 you have to increase steering ratio for the same setup. Even in a
> twisting track like Tris Rivieres you get the feeling that steering lock

is
> too high.

IIRC, the MOMO Racing only has 240 degrees of rotation compared to the
Force's 270 degrees, so you're effectively getting a lower ratio just by
switching. It's only 15 degrees less each side, but it could be the reason.

Alan