Pee On SVT

Old December 15th 04, 02:22 AM

Default Pee On SVT

A friend of mine shot me an e-mail today with these thoughts:

Pee on SVT. Who needs 'em, when you can buy a 300-horsepower GT for
$24K.

And I add, a GT that run mid 12's at 112 mph with some traction, a
chip, and a couple hundred pounds tossed out.
Thoughts...?

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD

Old December 15th 04, 02:51 AM

wtf? F*ck that. No peeing on SVT here... in my eyes, they've done incredible
work. Sure, pick up that 2005 GT which is pretty quick with a VERY good
driver.. but I'd still take an 04 SVT Cobra over it. More potential in my
eyes.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

ups.com...

Old December 15th 04, 03:17 AM

Joe wrote:

> Patrick, you know that '83 LTD of yours would make an absolutely
> _killer_ sleeper with about $15k worth of work. It'd be a magazine
> front page car.

I know. But right now I have two kids in college. Plus, I'm going to
school. And then there's the home projects.

Translation: No money and no time to work on cars.
Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD

Old December 15th 04, 04:22 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

IMO, the '05 Mustang wouldn't be nearly as potent without SVT raising
the bar all these years. I would hate to see them go.

Old December 15th 04, 04:22 AM
Michael Seeley

Then didn't you just answer your original question? I traded the GT in after
totaling up the cost of mods and if you check capital ford.com they have
several new 04 cobras for 26-27k. No I have no affiliation with them, that's
where I bought mine and they were fairly decent on the purchase price (got
screwed on the trade though)
oups.com...

Old December 15th 04, 03:07 PM
Katmandu

"they were fairly decent on the purchase price (got screwed on the trade
though)"

That's exactly where new car dealers make their money!! They make VERY
little on new cars. It's ALL in stealing the customers car (Trade-In) for as
close to wholesale as possible.

-ERIC

ink.net...

Old December 16th 04, 03:10 PM
Gearhead-FMC

What...do you have a secret code to see cars? I checked and saw only GT's--
they were 24k-27k. There is a HUGE difference between a GT and a Cobra.
Check your facts

--
Gearhead-FMC
95" '03 FLHTCUI

Old December 16th 04, 03:38 PM
Dan

I suppose it all depends on what one thinks SVT's purpose is. I believe
it's purpose is to provide reasonably priced, well engineered, nicely
styled, and mostly balanced performance cars in order to improve a
nameplate's exposure in the marketplace. All that's great for the
enthusiast but the point is to sell more base models and provide
something at a reasonable price. Saleen and Roush are the high dollar
alternatives that provide something else (not always better engineering
or performance) and SVT is supposed to, imho, fit in between the base
modesl and these, leaning more toward performance than styling.

We can play games all day about buying this and building that for a lot
less money. So what? It will turn out to be exactly what was paid for:
rough riding, hard to drive in many circumstances, and low on
amenities. But it would be *fast* and if that's all a car is supposed
to be, go for it. I'll argue that that's not the demographic interested
in SVT products. It is an ancillary target demographic for the results
of SVT's engineering via trickle down, but that's it. There's a large
enthusiast base that want speed, performance, *and* comfort and
amenities. They are willing to pay for it.
..
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Old December 16th 04, 07:32 PM
Michael Seeley

Go to SVT and Saleen and click on performance inventory, then call or stop
by

Old December 18th 04, 01:17 PM
Michael Seeley

try an a instead of o in capital