accord exr 1990 - radiator fan comes on days after stopping the car

Old July 19th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default accord exr 1990 - radiator fan comes on days after stopping the car

Hi all,

My radiator fan goes on and off a long time after stopping the car: I
hadn't driven the car for a
couple of days, then the fan goes on and totally kills the battery.

I'm totally lost. What could be the culprit? A heat sensor or a
shortcircuit?
Is it expensive or hard to fix?

Thanks for your answers.

vlad

Old July 19th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Defective radiator fan timer is a candidate, possibly a very
strong one. It's come up here before as problematic. See
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...347aaffa3e1d26

For more info, see the Accord manual at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html (Electrical
section, then "Cooling Fan Control") and possibly as needed
the parts diagrams at www.slhonda.com .

oups.com...

Old July 20th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

I'm sorry for my hasted post. After looking into more detailed I
discovered many long threads on this topic.

Thanks a lot for the pointers.

vlad

Old July 20th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Don't apologize. Maybe someone else is having the same
problem but does not yet know about the archives. Plus, your
report adds another point to the anecdotal database.

Besides, it might not be the timer.

Updates are welcome, to help others in the future.