Leaking (frozen) windows

Old November 26th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Leaking (frozen) windows

I've got a problem with the windows on my 2002 XLT. All 4 windows are
frozen (it just got cold here in CT). I hear the motors operating
when I use the switches so I know it's not an electrical problem.
When it was warmer, I would occassionally notice wet streaks on the
drivers window after it rained if the window was lowered then raised.
There is no sign of water actually coming inside the car.
It seems like the window seals are bad, but all 4 seems strange. Does
anyone have any experience with this problem? The obvious thing would
be to replace the seals. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.
Old November 26th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Next day warm enough to thaw them out, spray the tracks with silicone
spray. Also all door and rear window gaskets. This has always kept
my doors and windows from freezing up.

Old November 27th 05, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I think that's at least part of my problem too. I noticed the door itself seemed a little stuck when it got cold. I
sprayed the seals today. I'll see if it helps next time it gets below freezing.

Old November 28th 05, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Something just occurred to me: Explorer, windows, freeze up...the
only thing missing is a blue screen of death. Could Bill Gates be
behind this?

Old November 28th 05, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

That was just too good to pass up!

/Richard

wrote:

are