Replacement carb for 23ci OHC Willys

Old July 26th 05, 11:53 PM
Willy Schneider

Default Replacement carb for 23ci OHC Willys

Having problems with the original (I think) Holley model 1920 2bbl
carburetor on my '62 Willys pickup. Mixture too rich and fouling the
plugs. Have adjusted towards lean as far as possible and even had a
mechanic look at and rebuild using the appropriate kit (I hope - the
kid was very young). Changed plugs for hotter spark also.

My question: does anyone know of an appropriate carburetor that can
be used with this engine (230ci OHC Tornado) that can just be swapped
with the '1920' with little or no worries down the road?

Any direction you can send me in this search is appreciated...

ThanQ
Willy
"Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!"
- Willy Schneider / 1962
Old July 27th 05, 12:12 AM
Coasty

If you can locate some jets re-jet the carb. More than likely the jets are
too big most of the time re-jetting fixes the problem.
http://www.mergetel.com/~fraso/RasoE...arburetion.htm
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
"Willy Schneider" > wrote in
message ...

Old July 27th 05, 12:17 AM
Willy Schneider

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:53:06 -0700, Willy Schneider

Old July 27th 05, 12:18 AM
Coasty

The other thing that could be happening is the bowl float hanging up and not
properly closing.

--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
"Willy Schneider" > wrote in
message ...

Old July 27th 05, 12:55 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Willy,
The one throat limits you:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/tornadoOHCengine4.jpg Usually the repair
kit with the new needle valve that are not eaten by the methanol mix
we're force to use will fix it, just follow the instructions:
http://www.apple.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Tech/Carter.html
http://www.apple.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Tech/Carburetor.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O