Chrysler Sebring problems

Old June 2nd 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
adham

Default Chrysler Sebring problems

hey there,

I have a chrysler sebring 2004 model, and recently its has been acting
weird. After driving the car for a while, i notice that that the
engine starts to shiver. This only happens when the car is not moving,
or moving very slowly. As soon as i press the gas pedal, this problem
stops.

I took it to mechanic, and at first they though it was one of the
cylinders that wasnt working properly. So they did this computerised
test, and they said that the cylinders were fine. Then they did
something called a fuel purge, and said that that didnt fix anything.
So in the end they replaced the spark plugs, and added one of those
engine cleaner, TKO i believe its called.

After the tank of gas had fineshed, the problem is back, and much
sometimes much worse.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be, or
suggestions on how to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Adham

Old June 2nd 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
adham

On Jun 2, 3:05 pm, adham > wrote:
> hey there,
>
> I have a chrysler sebring 2004 model, and recently its has been acting
> weird. After driving the car for a while, i notice that that the
> engine starts to shiver. This only happens when the car is not moving,
> or moving very slowly. As soon as i press the gas pedal, this problem
> stops.
>
> I took it to mechanic, and at first they though it was one of the
> cylinders that wasnt working properly. So they did this computerised
> test, and they said that the cylinders were fine. Then they did
> something called a fuel purge, and said that that didnt fix anything.
> So in the end they replaced the spark plugs, and added one of those
> engine cleaner, TKO i believe its called.
>
> After the tank of gas had fineshed, the problem is back, and much
> sometimes much worse.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be, or
> suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Adham

I guess i should explain in greater detail what shiver means.
Basically, this happens when the car is in park or not moving, or
moving slowly. When the car stops, the engine continues to make the
same normal sound it make all the time. After a few seconds, it goes
into this cycle where the sound changes. In these instances, the sound
changes from normal to quiet repeatedly, and does it very fast for a
period of 5 seconds or so, and then goes back into its normal sound.
After half a minute, the abnormal sound repeats.

I do not know much about cars, but it sounds as if the engine is being
choked. What i mean is that it is not recieving enough fuel, and that
is what makes it do that.
I dont think that is true, otherwise, it would have been a faulty
cylinder, which would have showed up on the test. but i dont know, the
mechanics i went to wasted my money and time, and didnt fix anything,
so i could be right.

Old June 3rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"adham" > wrote in message

> I do not know much about cars, but it sounds as if the engine is being
> choked. What i mean is that it is not recieving enough fuel, and that
> is what makes it do that.
> I dont think that is true, otherwise, it would have been a faulty
> cylinder, which would have showed up on the test. but i dont know, the
> mechanics i went to wasted my money and time, and didnt fix anything,
> so i could be right.

I had a car of another make behave like this, and it turned out to be fuel
injectors. A can of additive in the gas would help, but on pump gas only,
it quickly went back to its old shivers and shakes.

Other problems could also be the issue here.

Old June 3rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jdl

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I saw a bulletin on your vehicle
2.4L engine, idle issues.

The cure was a reflash for the PCM. Bulletin number-- 18-022-04

Old June 3rd 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
adham

On Jun 3, 11:09 am, "jdl" > wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I saw a bulletin on your vehicle
> 2.4L engine, idle issues.
>
> The cure was a reflash for the PCM. Bulletin number-- 18-022-04

is it possible that you could place a link of this bulletin, or is it
not for the public?

what is a reflash of the PCM?

Many thanks