Car Parts

Old November 28th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ivan

Default Car Parts

Hello

I took my Car to the mechanic and I got a report of the following .

1)Offside front lower (awivel joint)suspension arm has excessive play
in a ball joint .
2)offside front upper (ball joint on drop linkage broken) anti-roll bar
linkae insecure.
3)nearside front upper (drop link ball joint) anti-roll bar linkage has
excessive play in a ball joint.

I know someone that can fix it but that person told me to get the
parts.. Which parts shall i buy .. i don;t mean part number but what
are the names>shall i buy a whole new stabilizer bar or only some parts
of it..

Please help if possible ...

Regards

Ivan

Old November 28th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Ivan, ya gotta year and model for these car parts?

If so, see www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for some fabulous
blow-up drawings that will help you identify the parts
needed. Plus you can buy the OEM ones cheap at this site.

Ask here if you need more direction.

"Ivan" > wrote

Old November 28th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MishaA[_30_]

+1
I always buy there, too

--
MishaA
MishaA's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=469060

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old November 28th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Ivan" > wrote in ups.com:

> Hello
>
> I took my Car to the mechanic

MoT?

> and I got a report of the following .
> 1)Offside front lower (awivel joint)suspension arm has excessive play
> in a ball joint .
> 2)offside front upper (ball joint on drop linkage broken) anti-roll bar
> linkae insecure.
> 3)nearside front upper (drop link ball joint) anti-roll bar linkage has
> excessive play in a ball joint.
>
> I know someone that can fix it but that person told me to get the
> parts.. Which parts shall i buy .. i don;t mean part number but what
> are the names>shall i buy a whole new stabilizer bar or only some parts
> of it.

There are many, many jobbers in the UK that will supply you
with these parts.

The "person" that told you to go get your own parts sounds like
he's copping out, making you do his work for him. Is this a neighbor?
If he is telling you to go buy stuff, then he should be able to tell you
what it is you should be buying.

Your own telephone directory should lead you to a very many sources for spares.
This link should direct you to some mo
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=auto+spares+uk&btnG=Se arch>

But first I'd suggest you get a second opinion. Honda stabilizer bar links
are NOT secured by ball joints!

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 28th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Ivan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I took my Car to the mechanic and I got a report of the following .
>
> 1)Offside front lower (awivel joint)suspension arm has excessive play
> in a ball joint .
> 2)offside front upper (ball joint on drop linkage broken) anti-roll bar
> linkae insecure.
> 3)nearside front upper (drop link ball joint) anti-roll bar linkage has
> excessive play in a ball joint.
>
> I know someone that can fix it but that person told me to get the
> parts.. Which parts shall i buy .. i don;t mean part number but what
> are the names>shall i buy a whole new stabilizer bar or only some parts
> of it..
>
> Please help if possible ...
>
> Regards
>
> Ivan

is there any danger of you sharing exactly /which/ make/model/age
vehicle that needs this work? only later hondas have balljoints on the
sway bars, so be careful what you're being advised to buy if your car is
older.
Old November 28th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

jim beam > wrote in
t:

> Ivan wrote:

> is there any danger of you sharing exactly /which/ make/model/age
> vehicle that needs this work? only later hondas have balljoints on the
> sway bars

And so jim beam is correct. Around about 2001, after the shift to
Macpherson struts, Honda began using Toyota-style balljoints on their
stabilizer bars. (NOT "sway" bars...)

> so be careful what you're being advised to buy if your car is
> older.

Oui, monsieur. C'est veritable!

Old November 28th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ivan

Hi thanks for all the responces ..
The car is a 1999 Si .

Regards Ivan

Ï/Ç Tegger Ýãñáøå:

Old November 28th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Ivan" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Ï/Ç Tegger Ýãñáøå:
>> jim beam > wrote in
>> t:
>>
>> > Ivan wrote:

>> > is there any danger of you sharing exactly /which/ make/model/age
>> > vehicle that needs this work? only later hondas have balljoints on
>> > the sway bars

>> And so jim beam is correct. Around about 2001, after the shift to
>> Macpherson struts, Honda began using Toyota-style balljoints on their
>> stabilizer bars. (NOT "sway" bars...)

> Hi thanks for all the responces ..
> The car is a 1999 Si .

Yours in fact does have balljoint-type stabilizer bar links, even though
it has the earlier-style front suspension (no struts). If those
balljoints were worn, you should hear a knocking noise over bumps.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

AWA [DEMAND] Inquiring BMW Genuine Parts [email protected] General 0 May 4th 06 11:52 AM
Repair Fraud? basva Technology 65 October 9th 05 11:26 PM
1991 BMW 535i for sale or parts - wrecked.. Robert S. BMW 0 December 5th 04 04:04 AM
F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 2 March 27th 04 05:49 PM