ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

Old December 29th 04, 09:30 PM

Default ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

Hey guys,

What's the cylinder arrangement? #1 on the forward passenger side and
odd numbers in increasing order on that side or what?

Old December 30th 04, 12:50 AM
Dan

Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
Driver side (front to rear): 5678
..
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Old December 31st 04, 07:40 PM
Big Al

"Dan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
> Driver side (front to rear): 5678
> .
> Dan
> 2003 Cobra convertible
> With some stuff and things

They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
positive ground

Happy New Year,

Al

Old December 31st 04, 09:06 PM
John

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "Dan" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
>> Driver side (front to rear): 5678
>> .
>> Dan
>> 2003 Cobra convertible
>> With some stuff and things

> They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
> positive ground

What year did the negative ground appear?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old December 31st 04, 09:23 PM
Stuart&Janet

Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM. StuK

Old January 1st 05, 05:58 AM
John

"Stuart&Janet" > wrote in message
> Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM.
> StuK
>
> "John" > wrote in message
>> "Big Al" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Dan" > wrote in message
>> > ups.com...
>> >
>> > They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
>> > positive ground
>> >

>> What year did the negative ground appear?

I know that. I can't remember the year they changed. What year was it?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old January 1st 05, 05:32 PM
Dan

'54s were 6 volt, positive ground. I've seen some '55s that were 12
volt, positive. They were all 12 volt, negative by '56, I believe.
..
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Old January 2nd 05, 12:15 AM
John Smith

I worked on a 55 Mercury Capri that was 6 volt negative ground. It was
a pain in the ass to get it to start with only 6 volts and a 292 engine...

Dan wrote:

> '54s were 6 volt, positive ground. I've seen some '55s that were 12
> volt, positive. They were all 12 volt, negative by '56, I believe.
> .
> Dan
> 2003 Cobra convertible
> With some stuff and things

Be Grateful for DCX. At Least They Aren't FORD! Ted Jeep 32 December 23rd 04 04:48 AM
Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement/Repair Advice Pat Dreiding Mazda 4 October 18th 04 01:47 AM
Ford Coil Packs Bubba 4x4 2 April 21st 04 05:36 PM
1949 Cadillac: #1 Cylinder? Andreas Tovornik Antique cars 0 July 25th 03 02:47 PM