news from The Samba .... looks like Trends is gone

Old December 16th 04, 05:34 AM
Busman

Maybe no one else wanted to do a column? At least she turns in something to
print every month. I remember a time when the "Transporter Talk" column at
Hot VWs went missing from time to time (not likely to happen again with Bill
Bowman there). I think that the whole mag (VWT) has had issues for a long
time. The quality of vehicles has improved recently but at least to me, they
were well below HotVws in quality and content.
Andy

Old December 16th 04, 05:44 AM
jjs

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
>I subscribe to it through this US based company
> http://ew1.com/mghvw.html

Did I read it right? $82 a year?

Old December 16th 04, 05:58 AM
Ben Boyle

It's not cheap.
But, it's full size, and in full color. I see you can get a sample issue. Send away for one and see what you think. The
magazine does often cover US events and cars too. Believe it or not, it is cheaper to subscrube through EWA than
directly from VolksWorld.

Old December 16th 04, 11:18 AM
Jan Andersson

jjs wrote:

> "Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> > VolksWorld from the UK. The magazine that I feel is the best monthly
> > aircooled VW publication in existence today.

> Thanks for that, Ben! I will look for it.

Another vote for Volksworld..

Jan
Old December 16th 04, 11:20 AM
Jan Andersson

I could send you the latest issue....

Jan

Old December 16th 04, 01:08 PM
Tim Rogers

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message

> its your lucky day John...i happen to have a bowl of "mini" tootsiepops

and dum
> dums....hehe...

..............Candy?............It's too bad that you don't like to drink
Chris. In this time of deprivation, alcohol can make you forget what it is
that you're not getting.

:-)

Old December 16th 04, 02:12 PM
Kafertoys

Sorry to get back on subject but this just in...LOL

I am comprising information of upcoming 2005 VW Events for the new
magazine call "The German Addiction" which will premier this next March.
http://www.thegermanaddiction.com

Mario
Vintage Werks restorations
Old December 17th 04, 12:57 AM
P.J.Berg

jjs wrote:
> "Busman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> While the articles may be silly, they are not the only reason for the
>> demise of VWT. I wish I knew a few more people who were as
>> enthusiastic about VW as Lois. I know her from my old days in NEATO
>> and the stories she wrote about her Single Cab (Vern?) were pretty
>> good then.

> Are there any overseas publications for the ACVW?

UltraVw, a UK mag. Quite good infact..

www.UltraVw.com

J.

Old December 17th 04, 01:12 AM
ilambert

Sorry to see VWTs go.A quirky magazine(black print on red background?)that
could have used spell and typo check,it was nevertheless an ACVW source of
entertainment.For that alone,I will miss it.The stock vintage coverage
wasn't bad.
"Shane" > wrote in message
> I'm with you, regardless of what others may think, I love this mag. Maybe
> it's because I'm a newbie at all this, and maybe when I'm as experienced
> as the rest of you, I'll think its a rag. But right now, it gives me what
> I need in a language I can understand. Plus I can read it when I'm not at
> the computer. I love the internet and the wealth of knowledge it offers,
> but I love my print media as well and am not ready to see it dwindle. I
> hope this is just a nasty rumor and live on VWTrends!
> "Thomas Malmevik" > wrote in message
> news:Pine.A41.4.61b.0412151958560.168716@aagaard02 .u.washington.edu...
>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Busman wrote:
>>
>>> While the articles may be silly, they are not the only reason for the
>>> demise
>>> of VWT. I wish I knew a few more people who were as enthusiastic about
>>> VW as
>>> Lois. I know her from my old days in NEATO and the stories she wrote
>>> about
>>> her Single Cab (Vern?) were pretty good then.
>>> Andy
>>> 63 Camper

Old December 22nd 04, 05:48 PM
GaryH

> ...............I'd say that the Volkswoman column was the worst part of
> VWT
> in recent years. It was all fluff & had no real content.........ever.
> It
> became painful trying to read it sometimes. Eventually, I stopped
> bothering to even try.
>
> .....Amazingly, she's asking the Common Gear listees to wish her luck on
> finding someplace else for her to write that silly nonsense. I hope she
> isn't expecting to get paid.

You mean the chick that has the single cab but doesn't know how to work on
it? Seems like she was always taking it to some shop to get something done.