ac advice please

Old June 30th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default ac advice please

Hi, I own a 91 Mazda 323 saloon car. I would appreciate if anyone could
provide me with some info on how to rectify my cars ac.

The ac compressor was working fine but making a minor internal noise,
thats when I decided to get it recover and recharge the ac gas with
lubricant oil. Also had the evaporator removed and cleaned. The garage
guys had recharged the ac gas with R134a while mine was a R`12. I
wonder how they managed to do it cause the pipes have different types
of adapters.

The ac was cooling fine infact very good but the ac compressor noise
was really loud now making quite a racket. The noise comes only during
idle or while slowing down, it stops once the car is moving faster.

After nearly two months the ac has stopped cooling. The ac compressor
works fine but there is no cooling at all. Also I dont hear the hissing
noise of the expansion while which I used to earlier. I have a feeling
that the entire system is clogged due to mismatch of ac gas and oil.

I have also checked the system for leak- none and the condensor fan and
radiator fan is working fine.

Could some one suggest a cost effective remedy?Cant afford to replace
the entire system..
I m ****ed at the garage guys who didnt flush the system before going
in for R134 gas.

Please help!!!

Arul

Old June 30th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Arul

Thanks Lenny,

I guess I have to go back to them and fight to have it fixed FOC.

But it aint a reputed garage and most probably they will refuse to take
any responsibility.

Do I really have to repl the exp valve, drier and compressor and flush
the entire sytem to get the ac fixed. Any short cut to cut costs???

Regards,

Arul P Dharam

Old July 5th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

It sounds like the compressor will need to be replaced or rebuilt.
Next, the drier really needs to be replaced. The expansion valve may be ok,
or may have crud in it.
And yes, the system needs to be flushed.

There is an argument about the ideal settings for an expansion valve and
R134a vs R12.
The valve should be intended for R134a use if that's what you end up with in
the system.

ups.com...