My letters to and from Chrysler about the AC blower.

Old August 9th 05, 06:11 PM
Fieronut

>Do you mean a specific part? HVAC fan relay? HVAC compressor relay?
expansion valve? etc?

=============
Sorry, I meant the panel in the dash that has all the controls for the
HVAC. In my dash it's woodgrained and sets in the front middle of the
dash. Sorry for the mixup.

John

Old August 9th 05, 07:08 PM
David

"Fieronut" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> >If you want the answer to how to R&R for your problem. BUY THE FACTORY

> MANUAL.
>
> I thot I made it plain in the 1st part of the thread that I have the
> factory manuals--in fact I have SIX of them. Frankly, I was trying to
> CONFIRM what the factory manual told me--that the dash DID NOT NEED TO BE

My facotry manuals tell me! what the @%$^, it tells you the steps to take.
Tells you what section to go to to remove the dash panel, and back again by
component. Is it because you did not want to flip between sections to do it.
By the way, If you have all these manuals, why the hell are you bringing it
to a dealer?

Old August 9th 05, 07:09 PM
David

"Fieronut" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> >Do you mean a specific part? HVAC fan relay? HVAC compressor relay?

> expansion valve? etc?
>
> =============
> Sorry, I meant the panel in the dash that has all the controls for the
> HVAC. In my dash it's woodgrained and sets in the front middle of the
> dash. Sorry for the mixup.
>
> John

So, the woodgrain panel caused your HVAC system to be screwed up before?

TROLL ALERT

Old August 9th 05, 07:56 PM
Fieronut

So, the woodgrain panel caused your HVAC system to be screwed up before?
==================

Yep. And I checked that first but no juice to ANY connector. Then I
checked the blower motor. No juice on either wire there. Checked the
fuse, juice there so it had to be somewhere between the fuse and the
motor. The only thing there was the relay. But I had not read the manual
thoroughly AT THAT POINT, so I didn't know where the thing was. That's why
I took it to the dealer, thinking (hoping?) it MIGHT be a broken wire, tho
that didn't seem likely. The Shop Manager told me it was the relay and
showed me in the manual where it was BUT he said the dash had to come out
to replace the relay. My thot was that since I had had an INCORRECT
diagnosis before, there was a POSSIBILITY of one this time. So I called
Chrysler....the rest, as they say, is history.

John

Old August 11th 05, 05:34 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Fieronut" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> >That would be because, you would have every tom, dick, and Harry calling

> technical assistance. DC give the exclusive right for technical service
> the dealer network, to protect there Franchise network.
>
> ================
> In other words, they would be calling customer assistance wanting
> assistance because they were CUSTOMERS? WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA! Boy,
> THAT would be terrible. It might catch on and soon EVERYONE would be
> GETTING SERVICE just because they were CUSTOMERS. And they'd be HAPPY
> customers. And they'd buy the PRODUCT again. Wow, could the economy
> stand THAT MUCH STIUMULATION?

What is the big deal? Who sells the Factory Service manuals that have the
answers in them?
Chrysler. On the web - you can go order them right now directly. Not
through the dealer!

In my book there's no difference between Chrysler selling you a manual with
the answer,
and charging you money over the phone for a person to read the same answer
out of a manual to
you.

I think your nuts. Microsoft doesen't give out detailed technical answers
without charging
money for them either.

The vast majority of car owners are stone dumb when it comes to repairs on
their vehicles,
they don't understand how those vehicles work and they don't want to
understand how they
work. That is why the automakers no longer put service manuals into a
pocket of the car
like they used to a century ago. When you buy a brand new car that
vehicle's price is about
$200 lower than what it would be if the manual set was included. Just about
everyone else
in the world would rather save the $200 at purchase, than have the manuals.
You are different
than most people, why are you getting mad at Chrysler? Your beef is with
the hundreds of
thousands of stone-dumb new car purchasers out there who aren't insisting on
service manuals
being included with their vehicles.

And as for demanding some tech to answer the phone at Chrysler? Why?!
Don't you know
how to read? You can get the manuals, read the procedures, and thereby know
what the
repair places is supposed to be doing. End of story. If Chrysler ever did
hire some tech,
they would have to charge for support, same as Microsoft does. And the
second that
the person calling on the phone was told that they would be charged money
for the support,
99% of them would hang up.

Would I personally like to see all new vehicles ship with service manuals
included? Of course!
Do I think for a second it will ever happen? No!

Ted

Old August 12th 05, 10:41 AM
Spam Hater

In article ich.edu>,
"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote:

> It seems you failed to consider the possibility that "We'll have to remove
> the dash, and it'll cost you about $900" is dealer-speak for "If you
> really want us to mess with this decade-old vehicle, we'll do it, but
> you'll pay for the privilege."

You hit it right on.
When my Concord got to 9 yrs of age I decided it was time to use a small
local repair shop which is more interested in my future repair business.
The constant pressure over the last yr for me to look at the new
Chrysler products, particularly the slow selling here 300, led me to
believe they were no longer interested in maintaining my '95 Chrysler.