Help FAST! with 90 quattro V8

Old October 11th 04, 04:10 PM
Mineown9

Default Help FAST! with 90 quattro V8

I'm trying to work on this car, with no good luck, if any of you can help
it would be appreciated.

1) can't lock all doors in drivers side with key

2) Auto shift lock engaged while pulling & checking

Tried to put key in 1st poss, shift to N, then start, car started but
wouldn't dissengage shift lock out

3) Radio is SAFE mode

problems, this car was bought used and owner has no info! Bought in
Canada

THX!

Old October 11th 04, 05:46 PM
dave

>From: "Mineown9" kadsb@<private >
>
>I'm trying to work on this car, with no good luck, if any of you can help
>it would be appreciated.
>
>1) can't lock all doors in drivers side with key

did you check fuses?
possibly broken wires in the harness at the door post.

>2) Auto shift lock engaged while pulling & checking

did you check fuses and brake light switch?

>Tried to put key in 1st poss, shift to N, then start, car started but
>wouldn't dissengage shift lock out
>
>3) Radio is SAFE mode

You need to enter the code for the radio. You might have to remove the radio
to get the serial number and then obtain the code from you local Audi dealer.

>problems, this car was bought used and owner has no info! Bought in
>Canada

Have fun!
later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old October 12th 04, 11:07 PM
John105

Try taking it to an Audi Service Centre

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 13th 04, 02:39 AM
news.blueyonder.co.uk

undo the transmittion, selecter , you should see allen key bolts, undo them
and thake the solinoid out, it will take out the shift lock fot the gears ,
and cure the problem, of course you wont have shift lock, but that would
take great consideration, for example, shift lock takes into account the
vehicle speed , does the cruise control work, speedo etc,

www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old October 13th 04, 04:52 AM
John

Try looking on the inside of your trunk, mine was on the left side on
the bottom of the deck, you shouldnt have to pull any pannels, it
should be on a white lable, with the stereos serial number at the top
(AUZ***********) with a four didgit number(your code). If you need
help entering the code, post a follow up message, I'll check again.

John
1990 V8 Quattro

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:10:57 -0400, "Mineown9" <kadsb@<private>>
wrote:

>I'm trying to work on this car, with no good luck, if any of you can help
>it would be appreciated.
>
>1) can't lock all doors in drivers side with key
>
>2) Auto shift lock engaged while pulling & checking
>
>Tried to put key in 1st poss, shift to N, then start, car started but
>wouldn't dissengage shift lock out
>
>3) Radio is SAFE mode
>
>problems, this car was bought used and owner has no info! Bought in
>Canada
>
>THX!

Audi 90 Quattro - anyone want one for a small sum? Tom Audi 0 September 27th 04 10:58 PM
guaranteed fast money richard cornelius Audi 0 August 23rd 04 01:28 AM
Bose speaker grills for '99 A6 Audi Quattro? Thundersmash Audi 0 August 9th 04 09:43 PM
mpg for a quattro? Dano Audi 3 August 3rd 04 06:49 PM
2001 Audi TT Quattro FOR SALE Gary Audi 0 June 14th 04 03:46 PM