Al Gore's son pulled over for doing 100 mph

Old July 4th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Al Gore's son pulled over for doing 100 mph

It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
for drug possession!!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...ype=RSS&rpc=92

Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al
Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped
for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official
said.

Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..

A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
said.

Gore was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and booked into the
Inmate Reception Centre in Santa Ana, about 34 miles (55 km) south of
Los Angeles, on $20,000 bail, he said.

It was not Gore's first brush with the law. He was arrested in 2003 for
marijuana possession and in 2002 for suspected drunken-driving.

Gore was still in custody as of mid-morning and was sharing a holding
cell with an unknown number of people, said Orange County Sheriff's
spokesman Jim Amormino.

"There are no special privileges," he told Reuters.

Gore cooperated with law enforcement as soon he was pulled over and
quickly identified himself as the son of the former vice president,
Amormino said.
Old July 4th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Blackwater

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:49:34 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
>for drug possession!!
>
>http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...ype=RSS&rpc=92
>
>Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
>Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST
>
>LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al
>Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped
>for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official
>said.
>
>Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
>global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
>100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
>was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..
>
>A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
>prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
>sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
>said.
>
>Gore was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and booked into the
>Inmate Reception Centre in Santa Ana, about 34 miles (55 km) south of
>Los Angeles, on $20,000 bail, he said.
>
>It was not Gore's first brush with the law. He was arrested in 2003 for
>marijuana possession and in 2002 for suspected drunken-driving.
>
>Gore was still in custody as of mid-morning and was sharing a holding
>cell with an unknown number of people, said Orange County Sheriff's
>spokesman Jim Amormino.
>
>"There are no special privileges," he told Reuters.
>
>Gore cooperated with law enforcement as soon he was pulled over and
>quickly identified himself as the son of the former vice president,
>Amormino said.

Awwww ... POOR AL (Sr.) !!! So much for that suprise
presidential bid. With a chronic pill-head for a kid,
well, that just wouldn't sell with the drug-warriors
and all the businesses & pols who profit from that 'war'.

At least the car was "environmentally friendly". Imagine
if it was a huge gas-guzzling *SUV* !!! :-)

Hey, maybe he can lock Sonny in the attic and just
parade those gorgous daughters before the cameras ...

Old July 4th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Larry Bud

On Jul 4, 3:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
> for drug possession!!

What? No claim that he's a killer and murderer? A little two-faced
of you, eh nutjob?

Old July 4th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
> for drug possession!!
>
> http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...ype=RSS&rpc=92
>
> Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
> Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST
>
> LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al
> Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped
> for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official
> said.
>
> Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
> global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
> 100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
> was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..
>
> A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
> prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
> sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
> said.
>
> Gore was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and booked into the
> Inmate Reception Centre in Santa Ana, about 34 miles (55 km) south of
> Los Angeles, on $20,000 bail, he said.
>
> It was not Gore's first brush with the law. He was arrested in 2003 for
> marijuana possession and in 2002 for suspected drunken-driving.

1) He first made the news during the Dem national convention for going
something like 100 mph. The media hushed it up. I would've thought you
would've still been gassing on about that one. In this case, his
interaction with law enforcement is out right away. So we've made some
progress.

2) This is the same kid, I think, that Al Gore keeps talking about
having changed his life (Al's) by almost getting killed when he was run
over by a truck. Gore talks about this and has all talked about it in
pretty much every book and documentary he's done. For example, "Earth in
the Balance" and in "An Inconvenient Truth".

3) His injuries were life threatening according to Gore and who knows if
pain killers for that have made him into a junkie. Who knows what demons
drive him to drive so fast. Having Al Gore around all his young life
could send anyone over the edge. Maybe he should take up sport racing or
something, Indy Car. No, couldn't pass the drugs test. I know, the Tour
Duh France, they'll take anyone.
Old July 5th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Man Behind The Curtain

Wow, he should get together with Bush's daughters. They could party!

John

Old July 5th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
The Man Behind The Curtain

Blackwater wrote:

> Awwww ... POOR AL (Sr.) !!! So much for that suprise
> presidential bid.

Why? A far more extensive record of partying didn't hurt W's efforts to
land at 1600 PA Ave., or have you forgotten that already?

Gore Jr. also doesn't have anything on the Bush twins, Jenna
and....who's the other one, Annheiser?

John

Old July 5th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
MLOM

On Jul 4, 2:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
> for drug possession!!
>
> http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...070704?feedTyp...
>
> Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
> Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST
>
> LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al
> Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped
> for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official
> said.
>
> Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
> global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
> 100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
> was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..
>
> A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
> prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
> sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
> said.
>
> Gore was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and booked into the
> Inmate Reception Centre in Santa Ana, about 34 miles (55 km) south of
> Los Angeles, on $20,000 bail, he said.
>
> It was not Gore's first brush with the law. He was arrested in 2003 for
> marijuana possession and in 2002 for suspected drunken-driving.
>
> Gore was still in custody as of mid-morning and was sharing a holding
> cell with an unknown number of people, said Orange County Sheriff's
> spokesman Jim Amormino.
>
> "There are no special privileges," he told Reuters.
>
> Gore cooperated with law enforcement as soon he was pulled over and
> quickly identified himself as the son of the former vice president,
> Amormino said.

Politician's kid factor aside, looks like you can add "drugged
drivers" to your nym.

Old July 5th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Matthew T. Russotto

In article .com>,
MLOM > wrote:
>On Jul 4, 2:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
>> It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
>> for drug possession!!
>>
>> http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...070704?feedTyp...
>>
>> Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
>> Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST

[...]
>> Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
>> global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
>> 100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
>> was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..
>>
>> A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
>> prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
>> sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
>> said.

He drives 100mph, smokes pot, and uses prescription drugs
recreationally? Sounds like the kind of politician I could support.
Think we could convince him to take up dear old dad's profession?

BTW, what kind of mileage does the Prius gets at 100mph?
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old July 5th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"Blackwater" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:49:34 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS > wrote:
>

>>It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
>>for drug possession!!
>>
>>http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldN...ype=RSS&rpc=92
>>
>>Al Gore's son busted for drugs in hybrid car
>>Wed Jul 4, 2007 6:26PM BST
>>
>>LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The 24-year-old son of former Vice President Al
>>Gore was arrested for drug possession on Wednesday after he was stopped
>>for allegedly speeding in his hybrid Toyota Prius, a sheriff's official
>>said.
>>
>>Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight
>>global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about
>>100 miles (160 km) per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he
>>was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m..
>>
>>A subsequent search yielded a small amount of marijuana, along with
>>prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin and Adderall, said
>>sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. There were no prescriptions found, he
>>said.
>>
>>Gore was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and booked into the
>>Inmate Reception Centre in Santa Ana, about 34 miles (55 km) south of
>>Los Angeles, on $20,000 bail, he said.
>>
>>It was not Gore's first brush with the law. He was arrested in 2003 for
>>marijuana possession and in 2002 for suspected drunken-driving.
>>
>>Gore was still in custody as of mid-morning and was sharing a holding
>>cell with an unknown number of people, said Orange County Sheriff's
>>spokesman Jim Amormino.
>>
>>"There are no special privileges," he told Reuters.
>>
>>Gore cooperated with law enforcement as soon he was pulled over and
>>quickly identified himself as the son of the former vice president,
>>Amormino said.

> Awwww ... POOR AL (Sr.) !!! So much for that suprise
> presidential bid. With a chronic pill-head for a kid,
> well, that just wouldn't sell with the drug-warriors
> and all the businesses & pols who profit from that 'war'.

Family scandals don't stop you from being President. Bush 41's father and
maternal grandfather were major financial supporters of Hitler. Bush's
father had a big chunk of assets seized in 1942 under the Trading With The
Enemy Act. Aiding American's worst enemy while we're at war. That's a
little more serious than a son who abuses drugs and drives too fast.

http://www.rense.com/general17/bushhitler.htm
http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd06102003.html

Yet Presott's son was elected President, as well as his grandson - who had
his own drunk driving conviction. Sorry to disappoint you, but as soon as
Hilary annoys enough people to look unelectable Gore will walk in and waltz
to victory.

> At least the car was "environmentally friendly". Imagine
> if it was a huge gas-guzzling *SUV* !!! :-)

Oh, those environmentally consious Democrats, har-de-har, much funnier than,
oh, Cheney getting six figure checks every year from Halliburton, while
serving as Vice-President.

> Hey, maybe he can lock Sonny in the attic and just
> parade those gorgous daughters before the cameras ...

Now you're thinking of Bush 43.

Bo Raxo

Old July 5th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,talk.politics.drugs

Larry Bud wrote:
> On Jul 4, 3:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> It appears he wasn't even charged for the extreme speeding but instead
>> for drug possession!!

> What? No claim that he's a killer and murderer?

No need for me to state the obvious. Now stop being a criminal coddler.