2005 Magnum RT AWD performance...

Old October 20th 04, 03:04 PM
Wicked96SS

Default 2005 Magnum RT AWD performance...

Does anybody know what the performance numbers are for the RT AWD? I have
found several sources for the RWD version, but I am interested in the AWD
version, and thought there might (probably) be some parasitic loss from
the AWD system.

Either way, if anybody has some 0-60 or 1/4mile times and speeds, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Wicked96SS

Old October 20th 04, 04:19 PM
Jack Carter

From what I've read, anyone who owns an 04 Grand Cherokee with the HO V8
(AWD) probably won't take a back seat to an RT AWD in a 0-60 run.

Old October 20th 04, 04:19 PM
Jack Carter

From what I've read, anyone who owns an 04 Grand Cherokee with the HO V8

Old October 20th 04, 04:27 PM
Wicked96SS

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Jack Carter wrote:

> From what I've read, anyone who owns an 04 Grand Cherokee with the HO V8
> (AWD) probably won't take a back seat to an RT AWD in a 0-60 run.
>

> "Wicked96SS" > wrote in message
> >
> > Does anybody know what the performance numbers are for the RT AWD? I have
> > found several sources for the RWD version, but I am interested in the AWD
> > version, and thought there might (probably) be some parasitic loss from
> > the AWD system.
> >
> > Either way, if anybody has some 0-60 or 1/4mile times and speeds, it would
> > be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Wicked96SS

Do you have any numbers to back that up? I did a little research, and the
Magnum as a higher rear end ratio, more power, more torque, and weighs
less... I woudl assume that even the AWD version would be considerably
faster than the Grand Cherokee...

Grand Cherokee:
HP: 265 @ 5100 RPMs
TQ: 325 @ 3600 RPMs
WEIGHT: 5150 lbs.

Dodge Magnum:
HP: 340 @ 5000 RPMs
TQ: 390 @ 4000 RPMs
WEIGHT: 4393 lbs.

Just curious!

Thanks!

Old October 20th 04, 04:27 PM
Wicked96SS

Old October 20th 04, 07:12 PM
Jack Carter

I don't know where you got your GC weight figure but it sounds far too high!
I have an '04 GC with the HO V8 and have tested it several times with a
G-Tech Pro performance meter. It breaks seven seconds from 0-60
consistently. The GC seems to have a very high RPM stall torque converter
and, as a result, really flies off the line. I'm getting faster times from
my '04 that the 5.7 liter 98 that I used to have.

Old October 20th 04, 07:12 PM
Jack Carter

Old October 20th 04, 07:24 PM
Wicked96SS

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Jack Carter wrote:

> I don't know where you got your GC weight figure but it sounds far too high!
> I have an '04 GC with the HO V8 and have tested it several times with a
> G-Tech Pro performance meter. It breaks seven seconds from 0-60
> consistently. The GC seems to have a very high RPM stall torque converter
> and, as a result, really flies off the line. I'm getting faster times from
> my '04 that the 5.7 liter 98 that I used to have.

It may sound high, but I saw that figure on several websites, and Edmunds
has the vehicle listed at 6100 pounds.

As for sub 7 second 0-60, that is impressive for an SUV! But I have also
read several
instances whre 0-60's in the Dodge Magnum RT were 6.1 seconds, with a 14.6
second quarter mile. As a drag racer, to put it in perspective, at those
times and speeds, .9 seconds difference (assuming that the Jeep could keep
up) is about 9 car lengths, substancially faster.

Again, I would really like to see some actual numbers, and not just
guessing on what the AWD RT would do... I have a feeling it would be
slightly faster than the Jeep.... although I don't have any facts to back
this up.

Thanks!

Old October 20th 04, 07:24 PM
Wicked96SS

Old October 21st 04, 04:45 PM
Jack Carter

I used to do a LOT of drag racing myself at local strips. One of the road
tests I recently read for the RT quoted a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds. (The
writer said it seemed "sluggish" coming off the line and that there were
times when it didn't feel like it had 340hp.) But I just got a Road & Track
that says 6.1. Don't know who to believe. I'm going to drive one this
afternoon so I'll have a better idea of how it might run after that.