2001 SOHC Intake Gaskets?

Old December 28th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 2001 SOHC Intake Gaskets?

Ok, so I have a rough idle when my 2001 Sport is cold. I cleaned the IAC
valve, but I read a lot of this gasket nonsense on the intake. I can do this
myself with local parts if I know which gasket is being referred to. This
isnt the gasket on the IAC valve is it? If not, please explain if possible.
I have no garage but I can sure do this if it warms up some in my neck of
the woods. I have not tried the disconnect on the IAC yet to see if it
changes anything. Wife just used the truck today so the problem is gone
until it gets cold again.

I have a lean code in the computer on both banks. I checked it at local
store.

Old December 28th 05, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"norm" > wrote in message
> Ok, so I have a rough idle when my 2001 Sport is cold. I cleaned the

IAC
> valve, but I read a lot of this gasket nonsense on the intake. I can

do this
> myself with local parts if I know which gasket is being referred to.

This
> isnt the gasket on the IAC valve is it? If not, please explain if

possible.
> I have no garage but I can sure do this if it warms up some in my

neck of
> the woods. I have not tried the disconnect on the IAC yet to see if

it
> changes anything. Wife just used the truck today so the problem is

gone
> until it gets cold again.
>
> I have a lean code in the computer on both banks. I checked it at

local
> store.

Gotta remove the intake manifold assembly from the engine. Repair
bulletin 0012MC-also covered the cam chain tensioner fix. If I can
find a copy floating around I'll scan and post.

From memory, as it's been a while since I did one.

Gaskets between the lower intake and cylinder heads, Ford PN
YL2Z-9461-AA
Gaskets between the upper and lower intake, Ford PN YL2Z-9E436-AA

Old December 28th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

So, if I take this to a dealer for repair, I can expect them to give me the
full diagnosis charge and all that? for something Ford knows is a common
failure?

ink.net...

Old December 28th 05, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"norm" > wrote in message
> So, if I take this to a dealer for repair, I can expect them to give

me the
> full diagnosis charge and all that? for something Ford knows is a

common
> failure?

You would have to ask them if your vehicle is covered
under the provisions of the notice...

I thought you were going to do it yourself?

Old December 29th 05, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I could do it myself, but I sure am rethinking it.
If they cover it, then that would be a factor.

nk.net...

Old December 29th 05, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Dealer has been called.
Its out of warranty dammit. I'll have them handle the list of recalls and
the gasket and tensioner issues and get it all done at once. This isnt easy
for a old Chevy man let me tell ya. thanks for replying.

"norm" > wrote in message
> I could do it myself, but I sure am rethinking it.
> If they cover it, then that would be a factor.
>

> "Rick" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> >
> > "norm" > wrote in message
> > > So, if I take this to a dealer for repair, I can expect them to give

> > me the
> > > full diagnosis charge and all that? for something Ford knows is a

> > common
> > > failure?
> > >

> > You would have to ask them if your vehicle is covered
> > under the provisions of the notice...
> >
> > I thought you were going to do it yourself?
> >

> > > "Rick" > wrote in message
> > > ink.net...

'94 Accord Intake Air Resonance MrMJPEG Honda 7 December 2nd 05 12:38 PM
hi, new here? 2001 bonneville intake gasket RR john Technology 9 April 16th 05 07:28 PM
intake or head gasket bad...need opinion... scale Technology 4 February 20th 05 10:02 PM
injection motor? nanofuc Technology 37 January 7th 05 05:10 AM
SOHC intake gasket replacement gone wrong - HELP! Robert Kuimelis Ford Explorer 6 November 24th 04 01:57 AM