Rfactor MP Demo - Problems

Old August 21st 05, 07:44 PM
BRH

Default Rfactor MP Demo - Problems

After reading the glowing review of Rfactor on AutoSimSport, I decided
to try the demo. Unfortunately, I'm having problems --

When I try to connect to an online race, I get the following message:
"Internet Matchmaking is temporarily unavailable", and when I test my
firewall, the message I get is: "Could not determine status of connection."

Is the Rfactor system down at the moment or do I have something set wrong?

The IP address for matchmaking is set at 67.19.113.178 and my firewall
is a D-Link DI-604 router. I have installed the 0.7.2.0 update.

Also, although this is an MP demo, I've heard that there's a way to run
the car offline. Any help with that procedure would be appreciated, as
well.

Thanks!

Bert
Old August 21st 05, 07:47 PM
whooo

BRH wrote:
> After reading the glowing review of Rfactor on AutoSimSport, I decided
> to try the demo. Unfortunately, I'm having problems --
>
> When I try to connect to an online race, I get the following message:
> "Internet Matchmaking is temporarily unavailable", and when I test my
> firewall, the message I get is: "Could not determine status of connection."
>
> Is the Rfactor system down at the moment or do I have something set wrong?
>
> The IP address for matchmaking is set at 67.19.113.178 and my firewall
> is a D-Link DI-604 router. I have installed the 0.7.2.0 update.
>
> Also, although this is an MP demo, I've heard that there's a way to run
> the car offline. Any help with that procedure would be appreciated, as
> well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bert

I think the multiplayer test is over. But you can still try the sim by
hosting your own race (run off-line) or doing a direct IP connect with a
friend.

Hope that helps
Old August 21st 05, 07:48 PM
David G Fisher

I think the matchmaking service has been taken down. It was really a
multiplay test, so that's over with now. You can run it by hosting your own
online race.

--
David G Fisher

Old August 21st 05, 10:58 PM
CFster

<BRH> wrote in message ...
> After reading the glowing review of Rfactor on AutoSimSport, I decided to
> try the demo. Unfortunately, I'm having problems --
>
> When I try to connect to an online race, I get the following message:
> "Internet Matchmaking is temporarily unavailable", and when I test my
> firewall, the message I get is: "Could not determine status of
> connection."
>
> Is the Rfactor system down at the moment or do I have something set wrong?
>
> The IP address for matchmaking is set at 67.19.113.178 and my firewall is
> a D-Link DI-604 router. I have installed the 0.7.2.0 update.
>
> Also, although this is an MP demo, I've heard that there's a way to run
> the car offline. Any help with that procedure would be appreciated, as
> well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bert

Take this for what it's worth, but I have it on good authority that the
rFactor multiplayer demo bears no resemblance to the actual game. The
physics of the cars aren't even close.

The demo was put out just for the purpose of testing the multiplayer code.

-CFster

Old August 21st 05, 11:54 PM
BRH

whooo wrote:
> BRH wrote:
>
>> After reading the glowing review of Rfactor on AutoSimSport, I decided
>> to try the demo. Unfortunately, I'm having problems --
>>
>> When I try to connect to an online race, I get the following message:
>> "Internet Matchmaking is temporarily unavailable", and when I test my
>> firewall, the message I get is: "Could not determine status of
>> connection."
>>
>> Is the Rfactor system down at the moment or do I have something set
>> wrong?
>>
>> The IP address for matchmaking is set at 67.19.113.178 and my firewall
>> is a D-Link DI-604 router. I have installed the 0.7.2.0 update.
>>
>> Also, although this is an MP demo, I've heard that there's a way to
>> run the car offline. Any help with that procedure would be
>> appreciated, as well.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Bert

> I think the multiplayer test is over. But you can still try the sim by
> hosting your own race (run off-line) or doing a direct IP connect with a
> friend.
>
> Hope that helps

Thanks, Guys.
Old August 22nd 05, 12:32 AM
Dave Henrie

"CFster" > wrote in

>> Bert

> Take this for what it's worth, but I have it on good authority that
> the rFactor multiplayer demo bears no resemblance to the actual game.
> The physics of the cars aren't even close.
>
> The demo was put out just for the purpose of testing the multiplayer
> code.
>
> -CFster

Indeed, in the readme that came with the demo, they clearly note that
the physics and graphics are only partially implemented. While you will
still clearly recognize the ISI feel, I think we can be safe in assuming
that the MP demo was an early work. Just as the Press and Public demos of
GTR were early evolutions of the final product.

dave henrie
Old August 22nd 05, 12:37 AM
David G Fisher

I posted months ago that one of the ISI guys had said that on a scale of
1-10, the physics in the demo were only a 5 as a representation of the final
product.

Reading the previews, it sounds like he wasn't exaggerating. Can't wait to
try it out myself. :-)

--
David G Fisher