Remote Unlock

Old January 21st 05, 06:15 PM
Paul Bunyan

Default Remote Unlock

A big Hello to all the AUDI owners;

I have a 1996 A6 Quattro sedan and I was wondering if any aftermarket remote
door unlock systems are available and how much of a job would it be to
install it.

Any information would be appreciated.

John in cold white Minnesota

Old January 21st 05, 08:34 PM
Randolph

Paul Bunyan wrote:

> A big Hello to all the AUDI owners;
>
> I have a 1996 A6 Quattro sedan and I was wondering if any aftermarket remote
> door unlock systems are available and how much of a job would it be to
> install it.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> John in cold white Minnesota

Check http://tinyurl.com/3eb77 (Number 330-145 from
http://www.partsexpress.com) I have put one of these in an '96 Accord
and in an '87 VW GTi. It is a great unit, it is only $40, and the on
board relays can be configured to work with almost any power door lock
system.

The Accord installation was almost trivial, as the car had power door
locks already. The VW took a little more effort, as it had central
locking with no actuator in the driver's door. (I found an actuator at
the junk yard and put it in the driver's door. Vacuum tubing, if needed,
can be had from the dealer or from http://www.mcmaster.com, part number
5239K11).

The remote lock unit referenced above comes with a number of fairly
generic wiring diagrams. It includes diagrams for bi-pressure systems
like in the VW (and probably your Audi), except that those diagrams did
not apply to my car. Also, the system can be programmed to give lock /
unlock pulses up to 30 seconds for bi-pressure systems. Again, this was
not necessary. The regular .8 second pulses work just fine.

remote unlock engelbert Audi 6 January 17th 05 01:53 PM
Programmaing Key Fob For Autostart AS-1200 Remote Starter Wayne Dodge 2 December 12th 04 01:57 AM
VW Jetta 01 (A4) electrical or computer problem with remote starter Perry VW water cooled 12 November 23rd 04 03:10 AM
Programming Sequence For Autostart AS-1200 Remote Starter Key Fob Wayne Chrysler 2 November 8th 04 06:17 AM