2000 C5 with short commitment

Old February 13th 05, 05:12 PM
Corvette

Default 2000 C5 with short commitment

My wife and avid Corvette lover passed away giving birth to our new son last
month. I now have one extra car, and even though I'd love to keep the vette,
the realist in me knows better.

So I have a low mileage Black 2000 C5,
24000 miles,
6 speed,
Light oak interior,
Magnesium upgrade wheels,
Glass roof,
Z51 suspension kit,
Heads Up Display,
Memory package,
Dual zone climate control,
Sport bucket seats.

Car is 100% stock except for the CAGS skipshift.

This car is garage kept and is my baby and I wash and wax her regularly.

The only problems a
OEM tires will need replacing fairly soon,
The seat memory system doesn't always work.

All the factory recalls have been done including the column lock.

I have less than two years left on my lease and my leasing company says that
my lease is assumable.

So if you want to get into this car for a commitment of less than two years
for $586 per month email me at

Car is located in Austin, Texas

Pictures he
http://209.198.133.99/vette/

Old February 13th 05, 05:51 PM
SkyhawkXP

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:12:14 GMT, "Corvette" >
opined:

>My wife and avid Corvette lover passed away giving birth to our new son last
>month. I now have one extra car, and even though I'd love to keep the vette,
>the realist in me knows better.
>
>So I have a low mileage Black 2000 C5,
>24000 miles,
>6 speed,
>Light oak interior,
>Magnesium upgrade wheels,
>Glass roof,
>Z51 suspension kit,
>Heads Up Display,
>Memory package,
>Dual zone climate control,
>Sport bucket seats.
>
>Car is 100% stock except for the CAGS skipshift.
>
>This car is garage kept and is my baby and I wash and wax her regularly.
>
>The only problems a
>OEM tires will need replacing fairly soon,
>The seat memory system doesn't always work.
>
>All the factory recalls have been done including the column lock.
>
>I have less than two years left on my lease and my leasing company says that
>my lease is assumable.
>
>So if you want to get into this car for a commitment of less than two years
>for $586 per month email me at
>
>Car is located in Austin, Texas
>
>Pictures he
http://209.198.133.99/vette/

Sorry for your loss.
--
SkyhawkXP
Carpe Diem
Old February 13th 05, 08:07 PM
CardsFan

"Corvette" > wrote in message
> My wife and avid Corvette lover passed away giving birth to our new son
> last month. I now have one extra car, and even though I'd love to keep the
> vette, the realist in me knows better.
>
> So I have a low mileage Black 2000 C5,
> 24000 miles,
> 6 speed,
> Light oak interior,
> Magnesium upgrade wheels,
> Glass roof,
> Z51 suspension kit,
> Heads Up Display,
> Memory package,
> Dual zone climate control,
> Sport bucket seats.
>
> Car is 100% stock except for the CAGS skipshift.
>
> This car is garage kept and is my baby and I wash and wax her regularly.
>
> The only problems a
> OEM tires will need replacing fairly soon,
> The seat memory system doesn't always work.
>
> All the factory recalls have been done including the column lock.
>
> I have less than two years left on my lease and my leasing company says
> that my lease is assumable.
>
> So if you want to get into this car for a commitment of less than two
> years for $586 per month email me at
>
> Car is located in Austin, Texas
>
> Pictures he
http://209.198.133.99/vette/

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine anything more crushing than
the loss of a spouse, especially in childbirth.

My best,

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old February 15th 05, 08:21 AM
BDragon

"Corvette" > wrote in message
> My wife and avid Corvette lover passed away giving birth to our new son

last
> month. I now have one extra car, and even though I'd love to keep the

vette,
> the realist in me knows better.
>
> So I have a low mileage Black 2000 C5,
> 24000 miles,
> 6 speed,
> Light oak interior,
> Magnesium upgrade wheels,
> Glass roof,
> Z51 suspension kit,
> Heads Up Display,
> Memory package,
> Dual zone climate control,
> Sport bucket seats.
>
> Car is 100% stock except for the CAGS skipshift.
>
> This car is garage kept and is my baby and I wash and wax her regularly.
>
> The only problems a
> OEM tires will need replacing fairly soon,
> The seat memory system doesn't always work.
>
> All the factory recalls have been done including the column lock.
>
> I have less than two years left on my lease and my leasing company says

that
> my lease is assumable.
>
> So if you want to get into this car for a commitment of less than two

years
> for $586 per month email me at
>
> Car is located in Austin, Texas
>
> Pictures he
http://209.198.133.99/vette/

First, that is a heartbreaker. My sympathy. I can't even imagine....

Am I understanding that you want nothing other than someone to take over the
lease?

Old February 15th 05, 06:13 PM
Corvette

Yes that's correct.

The buyout price from the leasing company is too high (~$32K) but on the
flipside, someone could get into the C5 for 19 months and then give the keys
back if they wanted. The option to buy price then is $19,825.

Kevin

Old February 15th 05, 09:33 PM
Charlie Funk

> The buyout price from the leasing company is too high (~$32K)

Especially when dealers had 2004 end of year deals in the mid $30's. The
tire replacement is another $1400 - $1800. Compounding that is that the
Kelley on the car right now isn't a lot more than the buyout in 19 months.
I'm usually pretty good at finding a way out of a maze, but I think this one
has me stumped.
--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus

Old February 16th 05, 11:13 PM
sbright

I put new Goodyear tires on my C5 for under $950 delivered from Tire
Rack.com. (Not runflat)

Sorry for your loss.

-Stan Bright