24# Injectors

Old January 26th 05, 08:58 PM
c4_4ya

Default 24# Injectors

Hi All,

Looking to get new injectors for my '85 Vette, and have heard alot of
people recommend the Ford 24# injectors over the Accels and others. Called
Summit to order, and the guy said that the rail may need to be slightly
modified, but I have never heard of this before.

Any insight?

Thanks!
Old January 27th 05, 05:24 AM
X--Eliminator

No modifications are necessary. Here's where I got mine:
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsTPI.asp

Also see he
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

Old January 27th 05, 04:07 PM
Charlie Funk

If that's correct I did something wrong or have a bad problem and don't know
it. I put a lubricant of some sort on the o-rings that the parts guy
recommended (maybe silicone grease, at least that'w what it looked like) and
had no problem installing them. Your ECM is going to need maybe 25 miles of
driving to "learn" the 24# injectors. It won't hurt to check fuel rail
pressure, which ought to 43 psi. A common "trick" is to increase rail
pressure by using an adjustable regulator, but the gains are minimal at best
since the ECM just "learns" the new pressure and dials back the pulse width
to keep other measured variables in tolerance.

--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus
"c4_4ya" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Looking to get new injectors for my '85 Vette, and have heard alot of
> people recommend the Ford 24# injectors over the Accels and others. Called
> Summit to order, and the guy said that the rail may need to be slightly
> modified, but I have never heard of this before.
>
> Any insight?
>
> Thanks!

Cleaning fuel injectors question Dan Ritter Technology 12 January 26th 05 02:59 AM
How to clean & test fuel injectors? [email protected] Technology 2 January 4th 05 06:06 AM
Replace all injectors Empty3 Corvette 20 November 10th 04 01:28 AM
A6 2.5TDI Smoking + ultrasonically cleaning injectors AstraVanMan Audi 22 October 13th 04 08:06 PM