2005 GT - window tinting getting scratched by something inside the door/felt

Old April 25th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2005 GT - window tinting getting scratched by something inside the door/felt

Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to retint
if it's going to keep doing this.
Old April 25th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ty Dwonon > wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to retint
> if it's going to keep doing this.

Check earlier posts... within the last month, I think

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old April 25th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Ty Dwonon" > wrote in message
> Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to retint
> if it's going to keep doing this.

Some more useful info on the problem/solution here too........
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25410

Old April 25th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Called my local Ford dealer and found out Ford's not planning a felt
replacement for the inside window gaskets. whoever thought that a
rubber gasket on the inside glass was a good idea is probably not
driving a car that has one with tinted windows.

Anyone found an aftermarket solution out there?

Old April 29th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

at 25 Apr 2006, Ty Dwonon ] wrote in
:

> Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to
> retint if it's going to keep doing this.

I posted on this not 2 weeks ago. My new 2005 Vert has this issue and
it is because there is no felt/furr on the rubber on the inside of the
glass. My pony came with dealer installed $299 tint, so they'll be
responsible for fixing this issue. Which means they have to take the
inside doorpanels off. Put felt on the inside rubber, re-tint both
windows and put the door panels back on. They will not make much
profit on the $299 after all. :-)

To answer your question. Unless you fix it like described above, yes,
it will keep on doing this.

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America

Old April 30th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Paul" > wrote in message
: at 25 Apr 2006, Ty Dwonon ] wrote in
: :
:
: > Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to
: > retint if it's going to keep doing this.
:
: I posted on this not 2 weeks ago. My new 2005 Vert has this issue and
: it is because there is no felt/furr on the rubber on the inside of the
: glass. My pony came with dealer installed $299 tint, so they'll be
: responsible for fixing this issue. Which means they have to take the
: inside doorpanels off. Put felt on the inside rubber, re-tint both
: windows and put the door panels back on. They will not make much
: profit on the $299 after all. :-)
:
: To answer your question. Unless you fix it like described above, yes,
: it will keep on doing this.
:
: --
: _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
: |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America
: |(MMNA) http://mustang.fdns.net
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

AND
You have to keep your fur clean.
If you don't you're gonna have problems.

*waving*
Hi ya Pauley!
Wanna go topless with me sometime?

Kate

:

Old April 30th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
. ..

> "Paul" > wrote in message
> : at 25 Apr 2006, Ty Dwonon ] wrote in
> : :
> :
> : > Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to
> : > retint if it's going to keep doing this.
> :
> : I posted on this not 2 weeks ago. My new 2005 Vert has this issue and
> : it is because there is no felt/furr on the rubber on the inside of the
> : glass. My pony came with dealer installed $299 tint, so they'll be
> : responsible for fixing this issue. Which means they have to take the
> : inside doorpanels off. Put felt on the inside rubber, re-tint both
> : windows and put the door panels back on. They will not make much
> : profit on the $299 after all. :-)
> :
> : To answer your question. Unless you fix it like described above, yes,
> : it will keep on doing this.
> :
> : --
> : _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
> : |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America
> : |(MMNA) http://mustang.fdns.net
> : -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> AND
> You have to keep your fur clean.
> If you don't you're gonna have problems.

(Blush)
Kate, Please...

Old April 30th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"My Names Nobody" > wrote
: >
: > AND
: > You have to keep your fur clean.
: > If you don't you're gonna have problems.
:
: (Blush)
: Kate, Please...

Shame on you with your mind in the gutter like that.
*wink*

Kate

Old May 2nd 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I spoke with my Ford service rep about the felt service. She indicated that
Ford is no longer recommending window tinting on the Mustang as the
clearances are too tight even as thin as the film is.

So to all keeping your "fur" clean may not clear the problem

Mike Osborn

Old May 3rd 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Mike" > wrote in message
:I spoke with my Ford service rep about the felt service. She indicated
that
: Ford is no longer recommending window tinting on the Mustang as the
: clearances are too tight even as thin as the film is.
:
: So to all keeping your "fur" clean may not clear the problem
:
: Mike Osborn
:
:

I think they're blowing smoke up your pant meg Mike, but not doing it is
definitely cheaper for them

Kate