C'mon america - Be a left lane driver and save a life

Old June 11th 05, 07:56 PM
Tim923

Default C'mon america - Be a left lane driver and save a life

>The speeders on our highways are psychopaths endangering us all. Get in
>that left lane and park your butt at the speed limit and force these
>deadly criminals to OBEY THE LAW.

I don't like driving "slow" in the left lane at/near the speed limit,
but if I don't quite early, I'll often miss my left turning lane and
get blocked out.
Old June 11th 05, 08:00 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 6/11/2005 10:46 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Rich Piehl wrote:
>
>>What about obeying the law that says "keep right except to pass"? What
>>about obeying the law that says "slower traffic keep right"? What about
>> obeying the law that some state now have regarding driving endlessly
>>in the left lane?
>>
>>Why is it okay for you to break laws, but not somebody else?

> I'm not breaking any law since it's impossible to prove left lane
> blocking.

Strike one. It's not impossible; that's what eyeballs and dash cams are for.

> There are many legitimate reasons to be in the left lane -

Strike two. I can think of two or three legitimate reasons, but none
require continuous driving in the left lane.

> unlike speeding which is always illegal.

Strike three. As I've pointed out to you before, it is _not_ always
illegal to exceed the speed limit.

You're out, and your batting average is hovering in the .0000x range.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old June 12th 05, 01:13 AM
Tim

"Guy" > wrote in message

> Liberals think laws are created for only "some" people to follow.

Whereas, Conservatives think laws are created only for poor people to
follow.

Old June 14th 05, 04:46 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 6/13/2005 9:16 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Now give us some examples where speeding is legal.

Wow, like, deja vu, man!
Though you often like to forget it, you've been told this before.

Example 1: Certain passing situations in Washington State.

Example 2: Any state with "prima facie" speed limits.
Example 2a: Every speed limit in Colorado is "prima facie"
except for highways signed at an absolute 75 MPH.