CobraJet's vs GT40Patrick's

Old March 5th 05, 05:26 PM

John wrote:

> >> Patrick - Got a picture of one of CJ's t-shirts.

> > And my t-shirts say, has completed 5Ks, 10Ks and half marathons.
> > Wanna race?

> Sure, using my rules. The first one to puke wins!

lol

I hope I'm not doing that after tomorrow's race. I'm doing 13.1. Last
year I made it in 1:48. This year I'm shooting for 1:30s. Not sure if
my old body will get me there, but we'll find out.

(Any runners in this NG?)

For those not in to running, or can't run, walking is a good
substitute. The main thing is just being active.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 5th 05, 06:29 PM
CobraJet

In article >, Wound Up
> wrote:

> > I understand you, though. You're at a crossroads in your life, and

> ***Instructions for reading this post***

<plonk>

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old March 5th 05, 06:36 PM
CobraJet

In article >, John
> wrote:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > John wrote:
> >
> >> If I may explain the diff. using a cliche:
> >>
> >> CJ - Been there, done it several times, got the t-shirts, and has

> > modified
> >> the t-shirts to fit better.
> >>
> >> Patrick - Got a picture of one of CJ's t-shirts.

> > I don't know where you newer Thundersnakes are getting your info, but
> > you've pretty much got that backwards.

> Backwards? That's not my perception. Patrick definitely knows more about
> this stuff than me, but CJ is on a higher level than that. Could CJ be
> creating all that information and responses by sitting in front of his Mac
> with a stack of magazines and books by his side and not having "walked the
> walk", in essence, creating his CJ persona? I don't think so. Again, my
> perception.

It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive
environment all my life, and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse
trying to cast the Fickle Finger upon me. And that list of Patrick's
"achievements" had me laughing for hours last night. Gosh, what a
HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old March 5th 05, 07:22 PM
Wound Up

CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Wound Up
> > wrote:
>

>>> I understand you, though. You're at a crossroads in your life, and

>>***Instructions for reading this post***

> <plonk>

I was, of course, making fun of myself.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 5th 05, 08:43 PM
dwight

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> (Any runners in this NG?)
>
> For those not in to running, or can't run, walking is a good
> substitute. The main thing is just being active.
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

I still park way out in the hinterlands. Does that count?

dwight

Old March 6th 05, 12:04 AM

Dodge'emJet wrote:

> > > I don't know where you newer Thundersnakes are getting your info,
> > > but you've pretty much got that backwards.

> > Backwards? That's not my perception. Patrick definitely knows
> > more about this stuff than me, but CJ is on a higher level than
> > that. Could CJ be creating all that information and responses by
> > sitting in front of his Mac with a stack of magazines and books by
> > his side and not having "walked the walk", in essence, creating his
> > CJ persona? I don't think so. Again, my perception.

> It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive
> environment all my life,

Want to know what's really funny? So far, you've been nothing but
talk, which is quickly going to be labeled bull**** if you don't pony
up soon.

You have a digital camera... here's another to-do list:

1) Let's see pics of all the claimed old car magazines you own.
Thousand some pounds, right? We've been hearing you brag about them
now for 6-7 years, let's see 'em.

2) Give us some pics of this 20 whatever number of classics of yours.
SURELY, a "master mechanic/gearhead" like yourself has to have AT LEAST
A FEW of these babies cherried out. (Right, folks?) Show us... and
stick your ugly mug in a few of these pics too.

3) You don't even need a camera for this last one. Post your
automotive expirience.

> and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse trying to cast the Fickle
> Finger upon me.

Yeah, that tends to happen when someone claims and claims and claims
and talks and talks and talks, but never produces. And so far in your
8 years of Usenet, you've produced a big goose egg... Z E R O. Cars,
magazines, timeslips everything so far has been nothing but talk. I
want to see proof of your impressive automotive skills/expirience. I
want to see links to stuff that's on the same level as Bill S' stuff.
Again, a seasoned mechanic like you HAS to own some impressive
looking rides, I'd think.

> And that list of Patrick's "achievements" had me laughing for hours
> last night. Gosh, what a HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

Dude, the joke is on you, or should I say *is* you. I never claimed to
be a "hardcore wrencher", YOU did! (I swear you're losing brain
function.) I only listed what I've had expirience with. It was a no
BULL**** list. I could have lied and trumped up an impressive list,
but I didn't. I'm honest. That's all the expirience I have, I make no
excuses, nor do I feel bad about it.

Now it's your turn. Come on big guy... step up the plate. Are going
to swing and hit it out of the park, or are you going to give us more
wind?

<the crowd is hushed with anticipation>

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 6th 05, 01:04 AM

CobraJet wrote:

> It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive
> environment all my life, and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse
> trying to cast the Fickle Finger upon me. And that list of Patrick's
> "achievements" had me laughing for hours last night. Gosh, what a
> HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

Here's another pitch... a nice slow one right over the plate.

Why would a "master mechanic/gearhead", like you proclaim to be, be
reduced to a lifetime of doing radio installs?

Go ahead, Casey... take a swing at that one.

<the crowd hushes again in anticipation>

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 6th 05, 01:06 AM
Merc

Running sucks. I like internal combustion. If it doesn't have a motor, I'm
not interested. I ride dirt bikes and they say motocross riders are some of
the most fit athletes in the world.

Merc
Thundersnake#16
oups.com...

Old March 6th 05, 01:12 AM

Merc wrote:

> Running sucks. I like internal combustion. If it doesn't have a
> motor, I'm not interested. I ride dirt bikes and they say motocross
> riders are some of the most fit athletes in the world.

Merc,

They have to be some of the most fit athletes to compete. It isn't
that competing makes them fit.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 6th 05, 02:20 AM
CobraJet

In article . com>,
> wrote:

> > > Backwards? That's not my perception. Patrick definitely knows
> > > more about this stuff than me, but CJ is on a higher level than
> > > that. Could CJ be creating all that information and responses by
> > > sitting in front of his Mac with a stack of magazines and books by
> > > his side and not having "walked the walk", in essence, creating his
> > > CJ persona? I don't think so. Again, my perception.

> > It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive
> > environment all my life,

> Want to know what's really funny? So far, you've been nothing but
> talk, which is quickly going to be labeled bull**** if you don't pony
> up soon.
>
> You have a digital camera... here's another to-do list:
>
> 1) Let's see pics of all the claimed old car magazines you own.
> Thousand some pounds, right? We've been hearing you brag about them
> now for 6-7 years, let's see 'em.
>
> 2) Give us some pics of this 20 whatever number of classics of yours.
> SURELY, a "master mechanic/gearhead" like yourself has to have AT LEAST
> A FEW of these babies cherried out. (Right, folks?) Show us... and
> stick your ugly mug in a few of these pics too.
>
> 3) You don't even need a camera for this last one. Post your
> automotive expirience.
>
> > and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse trying to cast the Fickle
> > Finger upon me.

> Yeah, that tends to happen when someone claims and claims and claims
> and talks and talks and talks, but never produces. And so far in your
> 8 years of Usenet, you've produced a big goose egg... Z E R O. Cars,
> magazines, timeslips everything so far has been nothing but talk. I
> want to see proof of your impressive automotive skills/expirience. I
> want to see links to stuff that's on the same level as Bill S' stuff.
> Again, a seasoned mechanic like you HAS to own some impressive
> looking rides, I'd think.
>
> > And that list of Patrick's "achievements" had me laughing for hours
> > last night. Gosh, what a HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

> Dude, the joke is on you, or should I say *is* you. I never claimed to
> be a "hardcore wrencher", YOU did! (I swear you're losing brain
> function.) I only listed what I've had expirience with. It was a no
> BULL**** list. I could have lied and trumped up an impressive list,
> but I didn't. I'm honest. That's all the expirience I have, I make no
> excuses, nor do I feel bad about it.
>
> Now it's your turn. Come on big guy... step up the plate. Are going
> to swing and hit it out of the park, or are you going to give us more
> wind?
>
> <the crowd is hushed with anticipation>

The crowd doesn't care, and you've been around long enough to know
you can't rattle me with your bull****. Anyone with two eyes and an
equal number of brain cells can understand that I know my ****. You,
however, are proving yet again that you (and your clone William) are
envious and frustrated.

But as as psycho as you are, you do feed my sadistic side. Did you
run your marathon today? Think of me when your heart was pounding?

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1