Rod's Enthuasiats Workshop Manual - Now Online

Old August 29th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Rod's Enthuasiats Workshop Manual - Now Online

Google books now has the Rod's Mazda MX-5 1.8 Enthuasiast Workshop Manual
online.
Being online makes it hard to read under the car but it does make it
completley searchable which is really nice.
http://books.google.com/books?id=8eN...sec=frontcover

Old August 29th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeroen Feelders

Good news! I wonder how they're dealing with copyrights...

Jeroen Feelders
Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands

---

"Christopher Muto" > schreef in bericht
t...

Old August 29th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:41:31 -0400, "Christopher Muto" >
wrote:

>Google books now has the Rod's Mazda MX-5 1.8 Enthuasiast Workshop Manual
>online.
>Being online makes it hard to read under the car but it does make it
>completley searchable which is really nice.
>http://books.google.com/books?id=8eN...sec=frontcover

I see some preview pages, but not the entire book, and not searchable.

-- Larry
Old September 1st 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

it may not be completely intuitive but it most definitely there and totally
searchable.
to search, type something into the box on the left where the words "Search
in this book" appear...
ie. type the word "oil" in there and click "go" and a listing of pages that
include that word will appear. click on the page for the full detail.
alternatively, to view and page through the entire book click the word
"Overview" found on the left hand column and a summary along with five
images of various pages will appear. Click on the word "More" found under
the five page images and you get page images for each of the chapters.
Click on a given chapter page and you can then scroll through that chapter
page by page... hope that helps.
ps. They do have many other books with only a handful of pages for preview
to entice you to buy, but this one seems to be all there.

Old September 1st 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Geary Morton

The whole book isn't there. Just try paging through it one page at a
time and you'll notice about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pages are missing. To
get the whole thing you must spend!

Apologies for the top post - just following Chris's lead.

--Geary

Old September 1st 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Geary Morton > wrote:

> Apologies for the top post - just following Chris's lead.

Please don't, it just screws up the thread.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 1st 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

well i suppose my internet is better than your internet
it certainly works for me. used it to look up the charcoal canister tubing
question to try to help peter (see above thread)... searched and reviewed
each of the pages that were relevant and paged forward and back on each to
understand the context of each result. also used it to look up info about
hub replacement... very nice.

Old September 2nd 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Geary Morton

In article > ,
"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> well i suppose my internet is better than your internet
> it certainly works for me. used it to look up the charcoal canister tubing
> question to try to help peter (see above thread)... searched and reviewed
> each of the pages that were relevant and paged forward and back on each to
> understand the context of each result. also used it to look up info about
> hub replacement... very nice.

See if you can find pages 1:15, 1:16, 2:2, 2:3, 2:9, 2:10, 2:16, 2:17,
3:3, 3:4, etc, etc.. I sure can't! I'm thinking you got lucky on what
you were looking for.

--Geary

workshop manual for Mk 2.5 1.8iS Robert Boswell Mazda 2 July 8th 06 10:03 AM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 1 June 2nd 06 07:44 PM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 0 May 28th 06 07:34 PM
156 workshop manual Martin N Alfa Romeo 1 February 14th 05 05:50 PM
Workshop Manual 147 Martin N Alfa Romeo 2 February 14th 05 05:48 PM