Escort LX Mileage

Old July 15th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Escort LX Mileage

About how many miles could you expect to get out of a Ford Escort LX
engine before needing an overhaul? Looking at a 1996 with 191k, asking
price $900.

Doug

Old July 15th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

wrote:
> About how many miles could you expect to get out of a Ford Escort LX
> engine before needing an overhaul? Looking at a 1996 with 191k, asking
> price $900.
>
> Doug

Also: Owner says that 191k is mostly highway miles (used the car to
commute).

Old July 16th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sdlomi2[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> wrote:
>> About how many miles could you expect to get out of a Ford Escort LX
>> engine before needing an overhaul? Looking at a 1996 with 191k, asking
>> price $900.
>>
>> Doug

> Also: Owner says that 191k is mostly highway miles (used the car to
> commute).

I'm guessing that is about 115,000 miles. If that is correct, I'd
personally think it has already served its useful life. They are not
typically known as a high-mileage producer! I sold used cars for decades.
Refused to sell Escorts with much over 30,000 miles--actually tried to avoid
selling them at all. Odds just weren't in the buyers' favor. s

Old July 16th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sdlomi2[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> sdlomi2 wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > Also: Owner says that 191k is mostly highway miles (used the car to
>> > commute).

> I would be happy to get a year or two out of it, for the price. I
> don't know where you get 115k from, I said miles not kilometers.
>
> Doug

Sorry, Doug, my bad. I focused on your earlier sentence distance
where you said, "Looking at a 1996 with 191k, asking
price $900." I had erroneously assumed from this sentence that 191k was
191km--again sorry for my error.(Where I got 115,000 miles from was using a
ratio of 1km =approx. 0.6 mile: thus, 191km X 0.6m/km= approx.115,000
miles.)
However, this yet higher miles of 191,000 makes me even more skeptical
about the remaining life in that engine. Sorry I could not be more
positive, but this is MHO. s