Change Windshield wiper fluid

Old March 10th 05, 11:13 PM
Nitty

Default Change Windshield wiper fluid

I have a 2003 Audi A4 quattro, I dont see the fluid comming out of the
windshield wiper I am guess I am running out of fluid...

How do I check / change windshield wiper fluid?

Thanks
Nitty

Old March 10th 05, 11:33 PM
SteveH

Nitty > wrote:

> I have a 2003 Audi A4 quattro, I dont see the fluid comming out of the
> windshield wiper I am guess I am running out of fluid...
>
> How do I check / change windshield wiper fluid?

" "

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old March 10th 05, 11:47 PM
Ronny

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Nitty > wrote:
>
> > I have a 2003 Audi A4 quattro, I dont see the fluid comming out of the
> > windshield wiper I am guess I am running out of fluid...
> >
> > How do I check / change windshield wiper fluid?

> " "

I'm spotting a trend here Steve lol

Old March 11th 05, 12:58 AM
+ Rob +

"Nitty" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a 2003 Audi A4 quattro, I dont see the fluid comming out of the
> windshield wiper I am guess I am running out of fluid...
>
> How do I check / change windshield wiper fluid?

A warning light should illuminate on the dashboard when the washer fluid
reservoir is almost empty. So it may not be that.
Are you in a very cold climate, perhaps? The standard washer fluid that
Audi dealers use has a fairly high freezing point (~20 degrees f). So it may
just be frozen. If that's the case, get the car into a warm garage, empty
the reservoir when it melts, and then put in a more winter-friendly fluid.

Rob

Old March 11th 05, 01:24 AM
Charlie Derk

There's typically a little book in the glove compartment. In my A6 its
actually under the dash on the driver's side.

My guess is that if you look in there, it'll tell you. Another
thought... and its just a thought - it probably would have taken you
less time to find it in there than to post the question to the group.

Old March 12th 05, 01:29 PM
phil

Old March 12th 05, 02:26 PM
Ronny

Doug Warner wrote:
> Charlie Derk > wrote:
>
>> There's typically a little book in the glove compartment. In my A6
>> its actually under the dash on the driver's side.

> Which raises the question: How many folks here read the entire
> owner's manual in the car, the day you bought it, identifying every
> control in the process?
>
> (I started doing this after I discovered why my feet were freezing
> every winter for several years.. There was a (closed) footwell vent
> lever under the dash..)

IMO you shouldn't be allowed on the road if you don't know where your washer
bottle is located.

I know in the UK the driving test now incorporates vehicle maintenance, but
it doesn't in America

Old March 13th 05, 04:58 PM
Tony

"Ronny" > wrote in message
> Doug Warner wrote:
> > Charlie Derk > wrote:
> >

> IMO you shouldn't be allowed on the road if you don't know where your

washer
> bottle is located.
>
> I know in the UK the driving test now incorporates vehicle maintenance,

but
> it doesn't in America

Here in the US the threshold for driving is lower than Europe (a right .vs.
privilege); so the threshold for those allowed to drive reflect the policy.
I bet well over 2/3 of drivers here in the US would flunk basic driving
requirements in Europe.

Old March 13th 05, 10:29 PM
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:58:40 -0500, "Tony" > wrote:

>"Ronny" > wrote in message
>> Doug Warner wrote:
>> > Charlie Derk > wrote:
>> >

>> IMO you shouldn't be allowed on the road if you don't know where your

>washer
>> bottle is located.
>>
>> I know in the UK the driving test now incorporates vehicle maintenance,

>but
>> it doesn't in America

>Here in the US the threshold for driving is lower than Europe (a right .vs.
>privilege); so the threshold for those allowed to drive reflect the policy.
>I bet well over 2/3 of drivers here in the US would flunk basic driving
>requirements in Europe.

Very true, and it shows in everyday driving -- left lane bandits,
failing to yield, tail-gating, etc. When I learned to drive 51 years
ago, the emphasis was on parallel parking, and still is today.
Perhaps that is why advanced driving schools are so popular in the
States.

Dave

Old March 14th 05, 04:44 PM
Dano58

'Winterkorn, you b*stard, I read your book!' - to paraphrase George S
Patton....

Yes, I admit it, I read my owners manual cover-to-cover the first week
I had the car, even sitting in the car with it to check out Cool
Stuff.....

I am an Audi Geek and proud of it!

Dan D
'-4 A4 1.8Tq MT-6