Snorkel or K&N ?

Old June 18th 05, 04:57 AM
Kevin C.

Default Snorkel or K&N ?

I'm curious what you guys think is the better way to go, an ARB snorkel or a
hi air flow kit like the K&N, Rusty's air tube or the air raid?

I don't really see myself getting into water that will threaten the intake
where it is, but it might be nice to get it up higher just in case. On the
other hand, right now the hood protects it from all the rain we get here in
Oregon.

-Kevin C.

Old June 18th 05, 01:27 PM
Ruel Smith

"Kevin C." > wrote in message
> I'm curious what you guys think is the better way to go, an ARB snorkel or
> a hi air flow kit like the K&N, Rusty's air tube or the air raid?
>
> I don't really see myself getting into water that will threaten the intake
> where it is, but it might be nice to get it up higher just in case. On
> the other hand, right now the hood protects it from all the rain we get
> here in Oregon.

Snorkels are fine if you're going to need them, but otherwise they look
kinda silly. Go K&N.

Old June 18th 05, 04:15 PM
Jerry Bransford

I wouldn't go with any of them. It's well known that those products
don't really do a thing for engine performance. This subject is
discussed way too often. Why don't they help? Because unlike many
other vehicles sold today, assuming you have a '97 or newer Jeep, the
Jeep's air intake system is already non-restrictive... really.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old June 20th 05, 02:09 PM
linux24

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:57:21 -0700, "Kevin C." >
wrote:

>I'm curious what you guys think is the better way to go, an ARB snorkel or a
>hi air flow kit like the K&N, Rusty's air tube or the air raid?
>
>I don't really see myself getting into water that will threaten the intake
>where it is, but it might be nice to get it up higher just in case. On the
>other hand, right now the hood protects it from all the rain we get here in
>Oregon.
>
>-Kevin C.

http://jeep.us41.org/airfilter

Read down near the bottom about "Air Filter Controversy"

-linux24