275 wide rear tires on '02 330ci?

Old June 14th 05, 02:07 AM
Planar1

Default 275 wide rear tires on '02 330ci?

Will these fit without rolling the fender lip? How 'bout 255s?

Old June 14th 05, 02:09 AM
Planar1

Oh...should have mentioned the wheels are 18 x 9.

Old June 14th 05, 09:16 AM
Spack

Planar1 wrote on Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:07:39 -0400:

> Will these fit without rolling the fender lip? How 'bout 255s?

How many times are you going to ignore the replies from people about the
largest tyres/wheels you can fit? If I said "yes, they'll fit", will you
stop asking?

Dan

I make no representation as to the accuracy of my statement and cannot be
held liable for any fitting issues resulting from my flippant term being
construed as fact. :P

Old June 15th 05, 06:31 AM
Planar1

You're starting to **** me off, Dan. Let me "dumb this down" for you so you
(and your simple mind) will understand this: I am not in a position to try
as many wheel and tire combos as it takes to determine the widest tire I can
use. I figure (perhaps incorrectly) that someone on this planet has done
this very thing with their 330 and perhaps they can offer some advice. To
the best of my knowledge, no one has replied with the info I need. Only
things like "why do you want to do that?" Or "the stock tires are this
dimension or that". Or "you shouldn't mix sizes". All I want to know is the
width of the widest tire I can use without rolling the rear fender. It's a
simple question. The reason my query was started is because I ordered an 18"
255/45 wide rear tire (which should fit) from Tirerack.com. Turns out, it is
back-ordered with no delivery date in sight. So I started thinking wider.
Maybe a 265 or 275. These sizes are in stock. So, again, has anyone tried
these sizes on their '02 330 ci? I think I could accept a slight rub under
the most demanding conditions. Others have had the slight rub (on an E36)
but are completely satisfied in spite of this. Thanks to everyone who
replies with some useful info.

One more thing, Dan. If you are going to flame someone, try to be a little
more creative. Don't keep using the same flame again and again.

Old June 15th 05, 09:13 AM
Spack

Planar1 wrote on Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:31:38 -0400:

> One more thing, Dan. If you are going to flame someone, try to be a little
> more creative. Don't keep using the same flame again and again.

This is the first time I've replied to one of your threads. If you'd
actually read the replies to your previous posts you'd realise that.

Welcome to my killfile.

Dan

Old June 25th 05, 12:25 AM
Planar1

Well, if you didn't reply earlier, you read the reply. You words are almost
identical. The problem is this: I ask if someone out there has tried putting
275 wide rear tires on their 2001 330 ci. Then I get answers like "why do
you want to do that?" or "that's not the original size" blah, blah, blah. No
one actually answers my simple question...has any one successfully done
this. That's all I want to know. Is it possible to fit 275s on a 330 without
rolling the fenders. Anyone done it? TIA