chip for 2005 300C Hemi?

Old November 20th 04, 01:50 AM
James C. Reeves

"Ritz" > wrote in message
news | General Schvantzkoph wrote:
| > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:18:31 +0000, Ritz wrote:
| >

| >>A friend of mine was just given (yes, GIVEN) a new 300C Hemi. I haven't
| >>paid much attention to Chrysler since I sold my 300M, but he's asked me
| >>if anyone produces a "chip" for the '05 hemi.
| >>
| >>If anyone has a lead on non-vaporware companies with performance-tuned
| >>chips for this car/engine, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
| >>
| >>Personally, for normally aspirated engines, I always thought that chips
| >>were rather useless, but my buddy insists that he wants to do this.
| >

| > What do you mean by normally aspirated? The term usually applies to a
| > carburated engine, nobody makes a carburated engine anymore except for
| > lawn mowers.
|
| Actually, no. The term applies to engines that don't use forced
| induction (turbo or supercharging).
|
| Wow, 2 completely non-helpful responses. I'm on a roll.
|
| Cheers,

My recommendation is to leave the car as it is. It's performance is top notch
already and why mess with voiding the manufacturers warranty by doing
unnecessary modifications?

Old November 20th 04, 02:01 AM
Ritz

James C. Reeves wrote:

> My recommendation is to leave the car as it is. It's performance is top notch
> already and why mess with voiding the manufacturers warranty by doing
> unnecessary modifications?

That's my advice too, but it's not my car. So I agreed to help my
friend by asking some questions online. I drove it a couple of days ago
for the first time and thought it was *plenty* fast.

Cheers,

Old November 20th 04, 02:01 AM
Ritz

Old November 20th 04, 02:08 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Ritz wrote:

> Thanks for the completely unhelpful response. A simple "no" would have
> sufficed.

I prefer my "no"s to be fancy.

Old November 20th 04, 02:08 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Ritz wrote:

> Thanks for the completely unhelpful response. A simple "no" would have
> sufficed.

I prefer my "no"s to be fancy.

Old November 20th 04, 02:09 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

> > Personally, for normally aspirated engines, I always thought that chips
> > were rather useless, but my buddy insists that he wants to do this.

> What do you mean by normally aspirated? The term usually applies to a
> carburated engine, nobody makes a carburated engine anymore except for
> lawn mowers.

No, "Normally aspirated" is a term that does not refer in any way to the
fuel delivery system. It simply means there is no forced induction device
(supercharger or turbocharger).
Old November 20th 04, 02:09 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 20th 04, 02:10 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Ritz wrote:

> > My recommendation is to leave the car as it is. It's performance is
> > top notch already and why mess with voiding the manufacturers warranty
> > by doing unnecessary modifications?

> That's my advice too, but it's not my car. So I agreed to help my
> friend by asking some questions online.

The most helpful thing you can do for your friend is to pass along --
verbatim -- the responses you're (he's) getting.
Old November 20th 04, 02:10 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 20th 04, 02:29 AM
Art

I would recommend that instead of trying to add power to the engine, he
concentrates on reducing weight. Replace the tires with flat resistent ones
and dump the spare tire. If he is the only one in the car, remove a few
bolts and take out the extra seats. The door panels could also be removed
and thereby exposing the window motors which are quite heavy. Glue the
windows in place (that was standard feature on earyl 300M's) and remove the
window motors and regulators. If he is really serious, the ac and radio has
got to go.

news

The HEMI Luke Smith 4x4 14 January 3rd 05 05:31 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 06:27 PM
300C Production in Europe----kind of long [email protected] Chrysler 0 October 31st 04 07:00 PM