Passing driver that pulled over & slowed down

Old January 7th 05, 01:49 AM
Larry Scholnick

Default Passing driver that pulled over & slowed down

I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to
the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass him, he decides that he
want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his previous rate of speed.
Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls down his window to yell at
me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he pulled over to the right and
slowed down.

Old January 7th 05, 05:38 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article > ,
"Larry Scholnick" > wrote:

> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted 35
> MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass
> him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his
> previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls down
> his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Stupidity?
Old January 7th 05, 05:38 AM
Shawn Hearn

Old January 7th 05, 05:42 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Larry Scholnick wrote:

> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the
> posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to the right (into the parking lane) and
> slows down substantially. As I pass him, he decides that he want to
> return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his previous
> rate of speed. Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next
> light, he rolls down his window to yell at me. Anyone care to offer an
> explanation?

I'll type slowly so that you can follow along. If you don't understand the
response, try reading slower and sounding-out the hard words. Ready? Here
we go:

People are idiots.
Old January 7th 05, 05:42 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old January 7th 05, 10:57 AM
Paul

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the

posted 35 MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I

pass him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his

previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he

rolls down his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?
>
> Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he

pulled over to the right and
> slowed down.

You just met "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend?"

Old January 7th 05, 10:57 AM
Paul

Old January 7th 05, 04:50 PM
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Yeah, it seems the world is full of ******s.

Old January 7th 05, 04:50 PM
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Old January 7th 05, 05:05 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm driving along behind a car that is traveling slightly above the posted

35 MPH. He pulls over to
> the right (into the parking lane) and slows down substantially. As I pass

him, he decides that he
> want to return to the regular traffic lane and resume traveling at his

previous rate of speed.
> Remarkably, he is upset that I passed him. At the next light, he rolls

down his window to yell at
> me. Anyone care to offer an explanation?
>
> Remember, I was content to follow him at 38 MPH; I only passed when he

pulled over to the right and
> slowed down.

What was your actual following distance?